background

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Oh, Christmas Tree

Usually, I don't put our tree up until Thanksgiving night after we've all had a wonderful, fun-filled day with family, some awesome food, and a nice, long nap.

However, now that I have a little one, I want to start putting it up the weekend before Thanksgiving so we can all enjoy it just a little while longer. Plus, it makes my house feel all cozy & festive for Thanksgiving, too. :)



I ordered us a new tree this year. Our house is small, so we don't have alot of room for a big tree, which is why for the past 8 years I've only put up our little tree. I wanted a bigger tree this year, though, just for Jubal.

I've always wanted a tall, slim tree. I think they look so neat and, perhaps, a little elegant. My house is anything but elegant, but having the tree up makes it feel a little more fancy. :)

Before any decorations.

After adding some special ornaments.


The ornaments I have on my new tree are very special. They are from my brother & his family's tree. They were passed down to me after my brother passed away in November 2003. I will always use these ornaments on my tree and hopefully one day pass them on to my children.

I have some ornaments on the tree that have been given to me over the years as gifts, as well. I love them all.




We've only had to get after him a few times. ;)


It excites me so much to see the curiosity and amazement in Jubal's eyes. It makes me feel like a kid again, too. He is actually doing better than I thought he would. We thought he would tear the tree down, but mostly he just wants to touch everything.

He's so funny about it, too. He'll look around at you, and if he thinks you aren't paying attention, he'll try to sneak over and grab the shiny balls. Too cute!


Our little tree we've put up the last 8 years. :)


I have decided that I will continue to put our little tree up every year, too. Just because I like how it looks in the little corner, up on the bar. :)

If I had a bigger house, I'd probably put up more. We'll settle for these two this year, though.

I hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving. Be safe. Enjoy your family. Give God all the glory.


Photobucket