background

Thursday, June 13, 2013

One Year Stats

My sweet Gentry celebrated his first birthday on Saturday, June 8. Larson took Monday off so we could have 3 whole days together as a family, which is rare, and to also be with me as I took Gentry to his one year well check for shots.



My poor fella ended up getting 3 shots at the pediatrician's office, then we had to go over to the hospital to have his blood drawn to check his lead levels (& whatever else they tested for), then we had to have his finger pricked later to check his hemoglobin.  He was not happy about getting stuck 5 different times.  Getting the blood drawn was by far the worst, though. :(

Gentry is now standing tall at 30 inches.  He weighs 22 lbs. 10 ozs.  His head circumference is 19 1/4 inches.  He's still got a big head like his daddy. ;)

He is now exclusively on table food and whole milk.  He drinks from sippy cups.  I do still send one bottle with him to daycare, along with his cups, just in case, and he gets a bottle while I'm rocking him to sleep at night.  He'll give up the bottle thing soon enough.  As for me rocking him to sleep...I'll do that forever if he'll let me. ;)

He says dada, mama, bubba, baba, and hey.  His first word was dada, though.

He loves music and every time he hears anything remotely like music, he's dancing.  The cutest little dancer ever!  Shake your booty!!

He still wears size 4 diapers.  Most of his clothes are 12 month, but he also wears 18 month.  He wears a size 3W walking shoe.

He has yet to "let go" when walking.  He gets around well, but refuses to not be holding onto something when he walks.  He stands alone, but won't take a step.

He has 6 teeth.  Four on top, two on bottom, with two more coming in on the bottom now.

I know a first haircut is in the near future, but I really don't won't to cut it right now.  He has thick blond hair and it's so wispy.  Maybe we'll just trim it a little sometime soon.

He really isn't into TV at all so he doesn't have any favorite shows.  He would rather be crawling around getting into everything or playing with his brother than watching TV.

He loves taking a bath, especially with his brother.  Daddy still gives all the baths at night.  It gives Mama time to get the kitchen cleaned up from supper. :)

That's about all I can think of for now.  I just wanted to write these down for my memory's sake.  I love looking back at these posts and seeing where my babies were at a certain time in their life.   

Photobucket