background

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Splishin' & Splashin'

Jubal absolutely loves any form of water.  We took him to the river a couple of weekends ago and now that he can walk & run, it was so much fun to have him out there running around, playing in the water.  He doesn't like to be carried out and will not go in water passing mid-shin.  He likes to sit in the water with me and will let me hold his head & shoulders so he can lie back in the water.  We have looked forward to taking him to the river all year.  I knew he was going to love it.

This week, thankfully, the good Lord has given us some much needed rain.  We live out on a dirt road with shallow, grassy ditches on each side of the road.  They fill up with rain water quickly and Jubal thinks it's so much fun to play in the puddles.  He hasn't really felt well this week due to his allergy issues that he inherited from me, bless his heart, so I figured if we could give him anything to pick his little spirits up, why not let him go play in the "wa-wa"?

Here's some pics his daddy took while they were out playing.













Yes, I know my son is wearing only a diaper and is playing in the mud.  That's the way we do it in the country.  Luckily, he wasn't butt naked!! ;)

I wanted to post these two little videos I got of him this week, too.  This one is where I was trying to catch him singing, which is so cute, but when he saw I was catching him on camera, he started acting silly.  He really picks up on song lyrics quickly.  I love to hear him singing.


This one is the one I got of him doing a little "interactive play" with a favorite song that comes on TV.  He can be in another room and hear this song come on and he will go running to the living room.  So cute!  It's a little dark because this is  right before bedtime, so we keep the lights dim.


Photobucket