background

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Nine Months Of Lovin'

My sweet Gentry,

I'm sorry I'm a few days late getting this posted. It certainly doesn't mean this past month hasn't been important. In fact, it's been very important. You've made progress in leaps & bounds this month. Lots of milestones, my son. I'm so proud of you!

Your first boo boo.
  • Your two bottom teeth are completely in and your smile is beautiful.  You have four more trying to come in at the same time now.  It won't be long and you will have a mouth full.
  • You've finally started crawling.  We weren't sure if you were going to crawl or just go straight to walking since you love to stand and walk with us holding your hands.  You sure are fast.
  • You pull up on everything you can wrap your little hands around.  You haven't mastered it, and fall often, but you're getting there.
  • We've been trying you on different soft "table" foods.  You like mashed potatoes, and have just started eating grits.  You love your puffs.  Your daddy fed you smashed up chicken bites from KFC last night.  We haven't found anything you don't like yet.
  • You got your first boo boo.  You were napping on mama & daddy's bed while we were out on the back deck and evidently woke up and decided to get yourself down.  Face first.  Sorry little guy.  Mommy fail!
  • You laugh out loud at everything your big brother does.  We have to get onto him constantly because we think he's being too rough, but it seems like the rougher he plays, the funnier you think he is.  No worries, we don't let him play that rough with you.
  • You love bath time.  You get very angry when Jubal takes your red cup from you.  We've had to put two red cups in the tub just to satisfy you both.
  • You enjoy being outside a lot.  The weather has been warmer and it's quit raining so much so we've spent some time outside lately.  You could hang outside all day if we would let you.  It sure does make for a snotty nose, though.  Poor thing, just like Jubal, you got your mama's allergies. Sorry again, Bubs.
  • I've started buying you 12 month clothes because you are quickly outgrowing all of your 9 month things.  My baby is starting to look like a little toddler boy.
  • At your 9 month well check yesterday you weighed in at 20 lbs. 6 ozs. (47th percentile), you are 28 1/2 inches tall (50th percentile), and your head measures 18 1/2 (68th percentile).  You got your daddy's head. ;)
  • Your favorite things are Bozley (our little chihuahua) & our iPhones.  We've bought you little play phones, but you just have to have the real thing.


That's about all I can think of right now, big guy.  You are such a blessing in our life.  I was so unsure of myself when we were expecting you.  I wasn't sure if I was a good enough mama for two babies.  God doesn't make mistakes, though, and I've learned that one little boy for each arm is pure perfection.  I thank God for you every. single. day.  You are the sweetest baby with the biggest, brightest smile and you make my heart smile just looking at you.


My prayer for you is that you always know how loved you are and that you always find strength in that.  I pray for you to become a confident, yet humble young man, to be honest and have integrity, to be compassionate, trustworthy, and loyal, and to be full of life & love.  I also pray that I am a great influence in your life so I may lead you where God wants you to go.

You are special, Gentry.  Don't ever let anyone make you feel anything less.


Love you forever,
Mama