background

Friday, August 12, 2011

13 Months~He's Walking!!!

Jubal Talon,

As of yesterday, you are a walker!!! I'm so excited for you. This is such another big milestone for you, sweet boy. We knew it wouldn't be much longer, but never expected you to just take off last night. I'm glad I had my camera in hand. I got a cute video of your very first steps! It's not a good video because I really wasn't expecting it, but I'm proud of it. I got some others, too, though. ;)



You are exactly 13 months old today.

You never cease to amaze me. Almost daily, actually. :)

I keep telling myself I need to jot things down right when you do them so I don't leave anything out, but leave it to me to not even remember to do that. Ha!

Let's see...

You are eating mostly from the table now. We let you try everything. You love green beans, cheese toast, & grilled cheese sandwiches. I've got to start sending you some different lunches to daycare next week because you will not eat the Gerber Stage 3 foods anymore. I guess you want some real spaghetti o's now. You will definitely eat anything. I'm glad you're not real picky.



We give you your food on your own little plate. You usually do pretty good feeding yourself. You sometimes like to flip your plate over, though, and there goes your plate of food into the floor. Yes, Mama doesn't appreciate that very much. That innocent little smile will get me every time, though. ;)

You usually drink 2-3 six-ounce bottles of whole milk per day. We give you your juice in a sippy cup to hopefully transition you smoothly from the bottle all together soon. You like chewing on the nipple of your sippy cup and usually have juice running down your chin & onto your clothes. We're not going to give up, though.

You wear 12 month clothes now, but we still have to get your shorts in a size 6-9 month because of your short little legs & your small waist. All the size 12 month shorts fall off of you and look like they're pants. Bless your heart! You are your daddy's son.

I still haven't cut your hair yet. I'm just not ready. In the back where it's thicker, it curls up when it's wet or you get a little sweaty outside. You still have your notorious "Who Hair". Mammaw says when I decide to cut your hair, that I need to pull it out & save it. I do believe I will.



You've been crawling like crazy fast! Everybody always comments on how quick you are. You sure know how to get where you're going. I wonder if you're going to run everywhere now that you're up & walking? Here come the bumps & bruises for sure now.

You take all your baths with me, but usually take showers with Daddy. Showers are quicker. You like them, but you love when you get to take a bath with Mama because I let you splash & play.

Your favorite shows on TV are Special Agent Oso & The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. You still like Blue's Clues, The Wonder Pets, and The Backyardigans, too, though. We like to watch you do the "Hot Dog Dance". Too cute!



You don't really talk yet, but you sure mumble alot. We can make out what you're saying by your gestures, though. You say more & more each day.

There's so much that I'm sure I'm missing, but I want you to know that I've enjoyed watching you grow & hit every milestone, my sweet baby boy. You are Mama & Daddy's greatest blessing. I love you with every fiber of my being. I'm looking forward to all the new things to come and watching you learn & grow.

The main thing that I hope to instill in you is a love for God. Through Him, all things are possible.

I feel blessed,also, that we are able to provide a safe, secure home for you. I hope because of the way we have chosen to raise you, that you will grow into a confident, responsible, compassionate, & Christian young man.



Don't ever forget how much you were/are wanted & how very deeply you are loved. I pray we show you exactly how much we love you everyday. I hope you feel it.


With all my heart,
Mommy