background

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter 2012

Our Easter was a busy one.  Thursday night, I stayed up late making cute little Easter cupcakes & Bunny Bait for Jubal's class on Friday.




We dyed eggs until 11:30 Friday night.  Needless to say, Jubal was asleep by 9:45 so he wasn't much help. ;)




Saturday, we went to Larson's family's house for a huge egg hunt.  Larson comes from a large family.  I had to take off work a little early Saturday so we could make it, but it was well worth it.  All those women know they can throw down when it comes to cooking!  SO much food.

I didn't even get any pics of Jubal at the hunt because there was so much activity going on it was hard to take a non-blurry one with my iPhone.  I did, however get a quick video.  Last year, he couldn't walk yet, so Larson had to tote him around to hunt for eggs. This year, my baby got to do it all by himself. :)  


When we finally got home Saturday evening, we rested for a little while.  I had to get a ham in the oven for lunch at my mama's house on Sunday.  I ended up just setting my alarm clock to wake me up at 1:30 a.m. to take it out of the oven since it was so late when I got it in.

Sunday, we were up fairly early.  I made some breakfast for us, then finished the few things I still had to do before going to my mama's.

My silly best friend, Darla, called me just a giggling.  She asked what the Easter Bunny brought us and we started telling her what Jubal had gotten in his basket.  She told us to walk outside because she "thought" the Easter Bunny may have brought us all a little something else. ;)



Sure enough, the Easter Bunny had brought us a "dolled-up" pink flamingo.  The cutest thing I've ever seen.  She had blond hair, false lashes, earrings, a scarf, & a tiara!  Darla is just so much fun!!!

We made it to my mama's about 30 minutes later than we had planned, but my sister had all the trimmings ready.  We enjoyed our wonderful, traditional meal of ham, baked beans, potato salad, and rolls.  It was awesome!

After our meal, we had a small egg hunt for Jubal & Alannah.  I wish I had a bigger family, but it was just the two of them.  Next year we'll have Gentry, too, though. :))

 


Even though I love holidays with my baby, I was glad to get home that evening and rest some.  Gentry is taking his little toll on my body.  I'm carrying him much differently than I carried Jubal.  We only have 9 1/2 weeks left, though, and our sweet boy #2 will be in our arms.

I hope everyone's Easter was as happy as ours was.

Photobucket