background

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Gentry's 2nd Birthday

We pretty much started celebrating Gentry's birthday on Friday. His teachers, Mrs. Karen, Ms. Raegan, and Ms. Jordyn threw him a sweet little party at school with all of his classmates.


They had cookies, chips, and juice, complete with little hats, plates, and napkins.  How sweet of them to do this for my baby.  I really appreciate all the women at GCA, especially Mrs. Karen.  It's not just a job to her and I know that my children are not only cared for, they are LOVED at this school.



I had to work Saturday, so we didn't do too much except make a run to Walmart for a few groceries and to pick up some things for his birthday.  I let him pick out his cake, but he ended up picking out Spider-man cupcakes.  Whatever the birthday boy wanted was what he got. :)

He was reminded throughout the day, though, that he was turning two and we continuously wished him Happy Birthday.  He would smile and say, "Yeah."

Sunday morning, Larson & I were up earlier than the boys, but just as soon as they woke up, we let Gentry have one of his chocolate cupcakes for breakfast and sang him Happy Birthday.  We sat out on the back porch and he was allowed to make as big of a mess as he wanted.  Boy, did he?!





We played the rest of the morning and stayed inside a lot during the afternoon because it was so hot.  Later that evening, we went over to my best friend, Darla's and had him a little pool party.  We grilled hotdogs and had chips and cupcakes.  It wasn't anything big, but he had a ball and that's all that matters to me. 

I'm sure the parties will get bigger as he grows and starts school and has more & more friends along the way, but for right now I'm just thankful to be with good friends & family to celebrate my baby boy's life.  He is definitely a joy!


Photobucket