Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Spring Break & Easter

The boys had their spring break last week. We started the break off with a trip to Warner Robins to see Laney & GiGi.  We were supposed to head out Friday evening after school & work, but I was having an issue that made me feel as though I had no energy, so we waited to leave Saturday morning.  I'm glad we did because we were able to stop at the Aviation Museum before going to the hotel.

The boys enjoyed playing in the little park/picnic area they had, and loved getting to go with Laney into the museum to see all of the aircraft.  They got to get on some of the planes, and were able to get some souvenirs.  They had a very good time.

When we got to our hotel the first thing the boys wanted to do was go swimming, as usual.  GiGi & Laney met us there, and the kids swam for a good while before we headed to Milan's to visit with her for awhile.  The boys got to take a ride on the motorcycle with Mr. Ken, and they loved it.

After our visit, we went out to dinner together, then went back to the hotel.  Jubal & Laney swam until 10:30.  Gentry stayed in the room with Larson and was sound asleep when we finally got back to the room.

Sunday morning began with a great continental breakfast and more swimming.  We took our time, and after checking out we went back to Milan's to hang out.  It was so much fun to sit around and reminisce for awhile.  Gentry played ball and Jubal rode the bike.  He even met a neighborhood boy and rode with him for a little while.  My boys never meet a stranger when it comes to other children.

As bad as we hated to, we had to leave around 1:00. We had to run by Academy Sports before going home to get Jubal his own catcher's helmet, and look for him a catcher's mitt.  We were able to find him a helmet he loved, but no mitt.  We're still looking, though.

I didn't take many pictures at all, but I saw these on Laney's Snapchat and snagged them.  They were just too cute.

Larson took a week of his vacation so the boys could enjoy their spring break and not have to get up early every morning to go to daycare.  By Tuesday, however, Jubal was wanting to go to daycare to see his friends.  Gentry stayed with Larson.  He says that they "worked hard", but I didn't see anything they had done at all.  Ha!  

Larson did manage to get Gentry to go to daycare for a few hours one of the days so he could pressure wash our house.  It looks so good, especially now with our new roof. :)

Gentry & Ms. Jena

I was pretty jealous since I didn't get to spend the week with them, but we made it through.  They went to their cousin's birthday party Saturday, and I swung by for a minute after work.  Once I got home, I didn't do hardly anything but relax and start watching 13 Reasons Why.  So good!

Gentry's hat he got in his Easter basket.

Sunday was Easter and although we were expecting Larson's mama, Heather, and  Gabriel, they didn't show up.  So, me, my mama, Larson, and the boys decided to just grill out under the carport and enjoy the day together.  Larson hid eggs for the boys, and after they found them all, they each took turns hiding them from each other.  That went on for at least another hour, until their friends were finished celebrating with their family and came to play.

I took my mama home, Larson & I let the boys stay outside to play with their friends, and we went inside for some rest.  He knew he was going to have to be ready for work the following morning, so some R&R was much needed. 

It was tough getting the boys down after they had gotten used to staying up late and sleeping in.  It was even harder to get them up the next morning for school.  It's Wednesday and they are still begging for us to just let them stay home and sleep. 

My boys are getting older quickly.  I will cherish these days forever in my heart, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...