background

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Fabulous Fall Weekend



We had a busy, fun weekend out & about. Our weekend actually started Thursday night when we took Jubal to the fair in Statesboro. He wasn't but a little over three months old last year when we took him. The fair has always been something I looked forward to every year. I love it! I love the nostalgic feelings it gives me. I hope to pass my excitement for the fair onto Jubal.

I love the pics of my boys on the merry-go-round!




Ha! He was chasing bubbles! He loves them!


I didn't get to be in any of these pictures. :(  I just snapped these with my iPhone. It was crazy crowded so we didn't really take a lot anyway. We had a good time, though. It was perfect weather, too. We ended up getting home around 11:45 and Jubal never went to sleep until we were halfway home. I think he has a lot of fun, too. :)

Larson & I had what I'll call a "date night" Saturday night. My sister kept Jubal and we took her eight year old, Alannah, to our local haunted house. It's always so scary & fun. Last year, Alannah chickened out at the door. This year, she made it through...screaming, crying, and begging anyone (even complete strangers) to please take her out and back to her Mammaw! Ha! It was hilarious! I couldn't even be scared for laughing at her. :)

Tiffany & Matthew were with us. Tiff is 21 weeks pregnant, but since we kind of knew what to expect, we didn't think it would scare her too bad or get her blood pressure up too high. ;)

Sunday, we got up early and I made breakfast for my little family and we started getting ready to go to the pumpkin patch. We've never been to Poppell Farms before, but since we have Jubal now, I would love to start new traditions with him. I love carving pumpkins and Larson had never carved one before, so why not start now. :)



This place was amazing!!! It has so many activities for children. I can imagine when Jubal gets a little older how much he will love going every year. He loved the petting zoo.






They had a lot of games and little rides for kids of all ages. They even had an area specifically for toddlers. Jubal loved this little playhouse.



He also liked jumping in Tweety's playhouse.




They had a huge tunnel slide that Larson took him down several times. I think Larson liked it as much, or more maybe, than Jubal. ;)



There was a huge trampoline. This is actually for the older kids, but Larson is a big kid and Jubal loves to bounce, so he took him out on it.





Jubal & Larson also got to ride the "Cow Train". It was some old fuel drums painted and made to look like cows, pulled by a lawn mower. How cute!




They rode a bull! ;)




I think Jubal's favorite thing was getting to play in the sand, though. He had a fun time just being a little boy.





Oh yeah! We can't forget about the big blue tractor...



After all of our fun at the farm, we got to go on a hayride to the pumpkin patch. The ride was so fun! They played music for the kids like "Old McDonald" and "If You're Happy and You Know It". They really got the kids involved in everything.

While we were on the hayride, they explained to us that every year they actually plant their own pumpkin patch, with no luck of a harvest yet. They have friends in Tennessee where they go and bring pumpkins back by the semi-truck loads so the kids will have a pumpkin patch to pick their pumpkins from.

I learned that pumpkins have to be planted no later than July 4 and grow best in cooler climates. We all know south GA is not cool in those months. Heck, it's still hot and it's the end of October. Ha!

No matter, though, we still had fun at the pumpkin patch, as well. They had Charlie Brown, Lucy, & Linus waiting for us there, too. :)




I actually got a couple of pictures with the three of us in them. That makes my heart smile. I never get to be in the pics because I'm always the one taking them.




We each got a small pumpkin. It was getting pretty warm and the sun had gotten us all sweaty & yucky, so we decided to head on back home. Jubal was worn out anyway. He took him a good nap on the way.

We went over to my mom's later that evening after we all took a nap, and carved our pumpkins. My niece, Alannah, had gotten her a pumpkin to carve and we really had some good family time doing it. Not only was it Jubal's first time, but Larson's, as well. It makes me happy to know that I get to start some wonderful family traditions with my little family. I love them so much!!!





Our finished products. :)


Now, this coming up Saturday is the GA/FL game and we're also having company over for a little Halloween get-together. I hate to say party, because all the kids will be there, too, but we plan on throwing something on the grill and building a fire later that night and just enjoying good friends & good times.

Maybe Sunday we can relax a little or maybe just take a ride to Walmart. Who knows? I do know next Monday is Halloween and we are so ready to take Jubal Trick-or-Treating. It's going to be so much fun.

I hope everyone is loving this time of year as much as I am. It just makes me all warm & fuzzy inside. :)

Well, until my next post...

Happy Fall!
Photobucket