background

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fifteen Months

Jubal Talon,

Wow!

I don't know what else to say about how quickly time passes now that you are here with us.

This post is late, but I wanted to wait unitl we went to your 15 month well-check visit to blog because I wanted to be able to list your measurements. Your visit was yesterday. Bless your heart! You had to get 4 shots. A new nurse, that I will make sure never sticks you again, gave them to you this time. We will make sure your regular nurse gives you your next shots. :(



As of 10/17/11, you now weigh 23 lbs. 5.5 ozs. That puts you in the 35th percentile. Still on the small side, but you look a little chubby, actually.

That could be because you're short like your daddy. You are now 30" tall. The nurse couldn't get a very precise measurement because you absolutely refused to lie still for long. She said you could be more like 30 1/2-31 inches. Either way, you still fall into the 18-19th percentile. I love your short, chubby self!!! :)

You still wear size 3 diapers. We put you in a size 4 and it swallowed you. A diaper-clad "Steve Erkel" I tell ya!



You eat everything. The only thing you haven't liked so far is corn. You don't like it whole-kernal or creamed. That's ok, though. Your daddy always says that corn has no nutritional value anyway. Then, the pediatrician confirmed that yesterday. He told us it was just a starch, so if you didn't like it, oh well.

You still wear some 12 month clothing. Pants, shorts, and jeans to be specific. You wear 12-18 months in everything else. I think we've gotten you just about ready for Fall. You have some pretty cool clothes, little man. Mommy wouldn't have it any other way. :)



You wear a size 4W shoe. You have your mama's wide feet.



You say so much. I should keep a list when you say new things, but I slack in that area. Sorry. You say a lot, though. We especially love it when we sing "Old McDonald" and you sing the "E-I-E-I-O" part. Too cute!

You are very head-strong. You think you can do anything. When you don't think you should have gotten in trouble for something, you look at me or Daddy and tell us all about it. ;)

You are an outdoors baby. You hate to have to come inside. If you could, I swear you would stay out there all the time. I hope you always enjoy being outside as much as you do now.



You are a big climber now. You love to test your skills, too. Goodness, you scare mama! Every time I turn around, you're climbing up on something else. Ha!

You still drink from a bottle. You do drink from a cup, too. For some reason, you like to spit it back out when you drink from a cup, though. It's intentional, too. Ugh! It makes me so mad. We'll keep pressing on, though, and maybe you'll get it, eventually.

You can only drink juices made by Gerber because they don't have any citric acid in them. Your bottom is so sensitive and every time we try to give anything but Gerber, your little hiney gets red.



You have seven teeth and another one on the way. Four on top, and almost four on the bottom. :)

Now that you've had your first haircut, we must get it cut at least once a month. Gosh, your hair grows fast!

I'm so excited about Halloween. You're going to be a Scarecrow this year. You were a little football player last year. We can't wait to take you Trick-or-Treating. You loved looking at all the people last year. I hope you like it as much this year.



Well, my sweet boy, I hope that we show you just how much we love you each & every day. I know my heart is filled with so much love for you. Daddy & I want nothing but the best for you. We've both made mistakes, but we (especially your daddy) want to make sure you are lead in a positive direction throughout your life. Your daddy is hell-bent on making sure you don't make the same mistakes he did. I pray for your precious life all day, every day. I pray that God will give me the wisdom to raise you the way He sees fit. I love you so much and I just know that as long as I bring you up the way He would have me to, you'll grow into a fine young man. I am still so proud to be your mama. God has truly blessed us with a wonderful little boy. I also pray that you will always know just how wonderful you are.

I love you, Son,

Mama