background

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

18 Months

My sweet, smart, funny Jubal,

Little dirty mouth at Kenneth's birthday party! :)

You are becoming quite the little man. You actually turned 18 months old January 12, but I wanted to wait until your well-check appointment yesterday before I posted so I would have your stats.

You stopped playing to "pose" for Christin. Ha!

You are so special, little boy! You can give us these looks with those big blue eyes with long eyelashes that I can't describe. It's almost a sneaky little look, but I think it's just to make sure you have our attention.

Wearing Daddy's shoes.

You love to read to us! Yes, I said read to us. You'll bring us your favorite book (Bedtime Blessings) and ask to get up in our lap. We try to take your book to read to you, however you don't want that. You turn the pages and in your own little words, "read" to us. I think you make up your own story by looking at the pictures. It's the cutest thing. :)

I love this "Nanananabooboo" face!!!

Your vocabulary has grown. We love to hear you say "Amen" after we say the blessing. When people ask you if you want a brother or sister, you smile real big and say "Sissy". Neither your daddy or I told you to say that, either. Sweet!

Look at those teeth! :)

You like to sit at the dinner table like a big boy. I see a booster seat with your name all over it in the near future. We still sit you in your highchair for now, though. Snack time is the perfect opportunity for you to practice your table skills and I allow you to pull your own chair out, climb up, and (kinda) serve yourself. I sit out several snacks and allow you to choose what you want. It's usually a banana.

Taking it easy on an early Sunday morning.

You wear size 12-18 month jeans and pants, 18 month shirts, and size 5 1/2W shoes. We actually got you a new pair of K-Swiss yesterday and went ahead and got you a 6W to give you some room to grow. You wear a size 4 diaper.

"Hello?"

You now weigh 24.9 lbs (30th percentile), you are 31 1/2 inches tall (15th percentile), and your head circumference is 18 1/2 (perfect for your age & very well proportioned). You are still small like your daddy, but you are absolutely perfect. My biggest goal is to make sure you always feel confident & happy with yourself. I feel like self-confidence and self-worth will help you become more of a leader, instead of a follower, and hopefully help you make wiser decisions in your life.

You're still in love with "EI".

You have been off the bottle for a couple of months now and since you've been off of it, you don't like to drink milk. You love all of your juices, though. Your pediatrician said no worries since I incorporate milk into your scrambled eggs (which you LOVE & usually eat daily), and you eat cheese with everything. I can get you to take a couple of swallows if your eating something sweet, but that's about it.

I couldn't resist posting this one, too. :)

You have 10 teeth now. Four on top, four on the bottom, and you have your two top molars. You can see the bottom ones starting to come through. It won't be long and you'll have a mouth full.

My beautiful boy!

There's so much more to your precious little life I could write about, but these are some of the things that come to my mind first. There's no way to express in words how much I love you, Jubal. That's why I try every minute of every day to show you how loved you are. When I'm away from you, you are all I think about. I pray that I can be the kind of mother that God wants me to be for you. I ask Him to lead me daily, so that I can raise you the way He sees fit. Always know, sweet boy, that you are the one who made me a mommy, and you will always be the center of my entire universe. My whole life revolves around you & I wouldn't have it any other way. Happy 18 months, Jubal! Mama & Daddy sure do love you & want nothing but the best for you. Amen! ;)


Love,
Mama