background

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas~2012

**Note:  I had originally planned to have this post up sooner.  Blogger, however, was having trouble uploading pictures.  Thus, two posts in one day (two weeks late) about Christmas. ;)

We had a wonderful Christmas. It was Gentry's first Christmas and we had even more fun this year with both of our boys.  I'm so thankful for my little family. :)

First, we went to Larson's daddy's house Christmas Eve afternoon. Papa & Mema had a few gifts they wanted to give Jubal & Gentry. We enjoyed spending time with them. It was a short visit, however, since we had to be at my mama's house later that evening.

Christmas at Papa's.

When we arrived at my mama's house, my sister and her daughter had gone to look at Christmas lights and my mama had just woken up and it seemed Santa had already came to visit my niece at Mammaw's house.  Jubal was amazed at everything and wanted to get into it all, but we managed to keep him out until Alannah got back. ;)

When Alannah saw all of her goodies, she was so excited.  I think Jubal was just as excited for her, too.  We proceeded to open the rest of the gifts.  The adults do not exchange gifts.  We just enjoy seeing the little ones get excited when they get their gifts.  I like it that way.

After visiting with my mama, sister, and niece for awhile, we then went home to prepare for Santa to visit our house.  Jubal & Gentry were both exhausted anyway.  We put the reindeer food out so the reindeer could see all the sparkly glitter to find their way to our house.  We tucked the babes in and Larson & I watched some TV and hung out with our friend, Adam, for a little while.

When we woke up the next morning, we actually had to wake the boys up because they were still sleeping.  We were anxious for Jubal to see what Santa had brought him.  He got several trucks from family members, so Santa brought him a few other things and his very own trampoline.  My baby loves that trampoline.  I don't think we could have asked Santa for anything better. ;)




After our living room looked like a tornado blew through it (HA!), we went to Larson's mama's for Christmas lunch and so the boys could get their gifts from their granny, aunts, and uncles.  Our boys are loved.  They received so many things that they really enjoy.  Gentry is still small enough not to care, but the gifts that were bought for him were age appropriate and he likes them a lot.

Christmas morning at our house.












He loves his train set from GiGi.

Larson's mama prepared a feast for all of us.  She has the best dressing.  I don't eat dressing too much, but I love hers.  She had made me a pan to take home, too, and all I had to do was put it in the oven to cook it.  I had dressing for the entire week and it was great!

Christmas at Granny's.

At Granny's.

Amazed by his new toy.


We went back to my mama's for supper.  It wasn't a traditional Christmas meal and we were glad.  We had ham, my sister's awesome baked beans, and potato salad.  My mama had all kinds of pies, too.  My favorite was the Dutch Apple.  Yum!

I was thankful to finally get home that night.  Gentry went right to sleep as soon as we got home and Jubal played his little self to sleep.  It was a wonderful Christmas spent with all of our family.  I'm so thankful that we were all together again this year, even though we were missing a few.  My niece, Lyndsay went to her maternal family's home in Mississippi this year, and Marianne was also in Mississippi.  As always, we were missing my daddy & brother.

It was a good Christmas.  I'm looking forward to our next one when Gentry can enjoy it a little more.  I won't rush things, though.  I want my babies to stay little for as long as possible. 

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. :)

Photobucket