background

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Getting Ready

Our Thanksgiving was very low key. We spent most of it on the road because we have three different homes to go to. I'll be so glad one day when we have a bigger home so maybe everyone can just get together at our house and we don't have to do so much traveling, or hauling food and two boys that get tired of being in their car seats. We did enjoy the time with family, and, of course, the food.  We are so very thankful for the ones in our life we still have with us to celebrate the holiday.

 I am thankful, too, for our home no matter the size.  It is home.  We have a roof over our heads, it's clean, it's warm (or cool, depending on the weather), and it keeps us safe.  Always thankful, dear Lord, always thankful.

Moving on.



We have been getting ready for Christmas.  I love seeing the glow in my boys' eyes when they first see our tree.  I wish I could see things through their eyes.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still like a big ol' kid when it comes to Christmas.  Everything about it makes me feel all warm and cozy inside.  I just love seeing their little faces light up. Love it!


Now, I just need to wrap the presents that are being held hostage in my closet and get them under the tree.  Thankfully the boys are still too young to plunder for presents.  Jubal is excited to see Santa this year so he can ask him for shark & dinosaur books.  Gentry still doesn't have much interest in Santa or gifts, but we all know he will soon enough.


We're taking the boys to see Santa weekend after next.  I'm anxious to see how Gentry reacts.  Jubal cried at the age Gentry is now when he saw him.  I imagine Gentry will, too.  I know Jubal will love it this year even more than last since he's not afraid anymore.  I can't wait!



I love being a mama.  Especially at times like Christmas, Easter, and Halloween.  The excitement on their little faces make even the most frustrating, trying days all worth it.  I hope I can make all of these moments as memorable and precious to them as they are to me.  


Photobucket