background

Friday, October 14, 2016

Dynamos

Dynamos. That is the name of Jubal & Gentry's soccer team this year. As I was saying in my previous post, I wasn't ready for Gentry to start this year, but he was adamant, and he thinks he's as old/big as Jubal, so we decided to give it a go.

It would have been better if we had let him play in his own age league, but Larson insisted he be on Jubal's team.  I agreed because I thought it would make it easier for us to not have to be stretched out in two places at one time.  That was a very selfish thing for us to do.  You live & you learn, though.  We'll know better next time.

Anyway, they have had two games already.  I haven't been able to post because we've been without internet service since Hurricane Matthew came through.  I'll save that topic for my next post. ;)

Gentry gets bored and tired of playing very quickly.  He's smaller and not as quick on his feet as the bigger kids, so he kind of just gives up.  He would rather go over to the other field where his actual age group/friends are playing their game.

I've got a couple of videos from their first game to share.

This one is of Jubal.
Soccer is more competitive this year, but he loves it.


Jubal giving it his best.


This is what Gentry does on the field. HA!


He did try to get involved at one point in the game.


**********


Now, after that game, I suggested Larson get out on the field, not just to assist Stevie, our coach, but to help encourage Gentry a little.  Last night they had their second game, and with Larson out on the field, Gentry did so much better.  He was very involved, and had a lot of fun, too.  

Daddy will be out there with him from now on. :)



We're just getting started.  It's only going to get better from here.  I love watching my boys play ball & have fun. 





Photobucket