background

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Purple Hair

On Friday, May 4, I got home from work to the biggest fiasco that could have possibly incurred.
Larson evidently thought it would be a good idea to let our neighbor dye our boys' hair PURPLE.
Yes, I lost my ever-lovin' mind!

When I first saw Jubal's, I wasn't too shocked because he has very short, thin, fine hair.
It also looked like a koolaid dye.
It wasn't.
Gentry has thick, wavy, longer hair.
His was a deep, dark violet blue.
Forgive me for not taking any pictures, but when I saw his hair & found out it was
semi-permanent, I became completely unhinged.
Let's just leave it at this...
It wasn't a good day, or week for that matter, for Larson.

My first attempt to get as much out as possible was using just plain dandruff shampoo.
All of my friends on social media were giving me different hopeful solutions.
I had the dandruff shampoo available at that moment so I went with it first.



This was after three washings.
He was so tired, I gave up and let him go to bed.
My baby went from a beautiful blond to a purple/brown.
All I could do was cry.


Morning after, in the sun.


Thankfully, the majority of it came out of Jubal's hair.
Some was still in the tips of his, but once we trimmed him up, his was fine.

The next day, my friend Nikki had picked me up some Oops! color solution.
We gave it a try, but it only helped a little.
It brought us to a blue/gray.
I just had to come to terms with what was happening and deal with it.
Gentry wasn't bothered, so I told myself he was a rock star & he could 
definitely pull it off.





As the week has passed, the more time Gentry has spent in the sun, 
the more normal it is becoming.
There is still a hint of blue/gray, but we're washing it with dandruff shampoo every night.
The blond is beginning to come back again.

Hopefully, it will be completely back to normal soon.
I have never been so furious in my life.
Thank the Lord we made it through.


Photobucket