background

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Random thoughts from Mommy...

Alot of mornings, while driving to work, I get lost in random thoughts.  I wanted to share my ramblings with you this morning because it's things that I hope you'll think about when you're older.


  • Never take life or love too seriously~While each are very important and should be handled responsibly, you will experience things in both that will take you to your highest highs and your lowest lows.  Be forgiving of others and yourself.  Don't let little 'nit picky' things bother you. Live life to the fullest & love with your WHOLE heart!  Laugh alot.  Every day is a blessing.  Never take one second for granted.  More than anything, always have faith in God & BELIEVE.
  • We are Country Folks!  I don't want you to ever be ashamed of that.  I love the fact that we live where you can run & play in your own front yard.  I've had some of the best times of my life mudboggin', 4 wheeler ridin', standin' around a fire, roastin' oysters, having a low-country boil, fishin', SEC football (Daddy says, "Go Dawgs!"  Mommy says, "Roll Tide!"), Nascar, swimmin' in the river, barbequin', campin'...man, the list goes on & on!  We eat fried chicken, barbeque, fish & grits, cornbread, homemade biscuits, greens, fried "baloney" sandwiches, fresh corn, fresh 'maters, fresh butter beans, fresh okra (handpicked & 'put up' with lots of love, might I add!)...once again I could go on & on.  You come from a long line of good ol' God fearin' country folks.  Don't forget where your roots are!!!
One of the reasons I started thinking about how country we are is because I heard one of my favorite songs on the radio. 

  


WAY OUT HERE
Josh Thompson
Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun
And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son
Our necks are burnt, the roads are dirt and our trucks ain't clean
The dogs run loose, we smoke, we chew and fry everything
Out Here, Way out here


We won't take a dime if we ain't earned it
When it comes to weight, brother we pull our own
If it's our backwoods way of living you're concerned with
You can leave us alone
Cause we're about John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere
Way out here

We've got a fighting side a mile wide but we pray for peace
Cause it's mostly us that end up serving over seas
Hell if it was up to me I'd love to see this Country run
Like it used to be, like it ought to be, just like it's done
Out here, way out here


'Cause we won't take a dime if we ain't earned it
When it comes to weight, brother we pull our own
If it's our backwoods way of living you're concerned with
Well you can leave us alone
Cause we're about John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere
Way out here


Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun
And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son 
Out here   


Love,
Mommy