background

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Our First New Year as a Family

We didn't really do anything big this year for New Year's Eve. It was warmer weather for this time of year, so we put Jubal in long sleeves & a hood and went out to Larson's sister's house to an oyster roast. They had a fire built in the fire barrel and had the oysters roasting!

We had three bushels of oysters!

I couldn't get him to take his eyes off the oysters ha!



I wonder if Jubal will like oysters when he gets older. He'll definetly be at his share of roasts because that's one of our favorite family activities during the cooler months. Anyway, we hung out with Larson's family for awhile & enjoyed A LOT of oysters. Thank goodness Larson shucks mine!


Larson, Jubal, & the sisters. Larson's going to get me for putting this pic on here because the flash got him & he's making this funny face.





After we left Larson's family, we went to my mama's house. It's a tradition at her house to have lots of finger foods & punch and we watch the ball drop. We didn't make it to see that, though. We went home around 11:15 and put our jammies on and snuggled up to watch it drop...but, the only thing we saw drop was our eyelids! Our {thoughtful} neighbors reminded us it was midnight by setting off all kinds of fireworks, though. We thought our home was being bombed! Ha!! At least they woke us up long enough to get our New Year's kiss in, which was nice. :)

This New Year's Day was wonderful! The weather was gorgeous. It was sunny and 72 degrees. I got a pork roast and we cooked it in the crockpot overnight. I made black-eyed peas & rice, collard greens, and cornbread. Before we left to go to my mama's to eat lunch, we all sat out on the back deck and enjoyed the beautiful weather.




I love this picture!


I  have to include these next pics & the video. After enjoying the sunshine, we went inside and Larson & Jubal played while I got dressed. Jubal loves to kiss the baby (his reflection) in the mirror so I thought I would video it & post it, too. 






 




We did make it to my mama's to have lunch. The roast just fell off the bone, it was so tender. I hope that eating the black-eyed peas & collards will bring us lots of luck and maybe some extra money. If not, we'll still be okay because we have each other. ;) 
We hope that you all have a Happy New Year!!!


Photobucket