background

Friday, May 13, 2011

My ten month old baby

Jubal Talon,

You are now ten months old. I am in awe at how fast your first birthday is sneaking up on us. It seems like just last week we brought you home. I can't help but get all teary-eyed because you just get more precious everyday, yet I want to keep you my little baby forever.





You have accomplished so very much this last month.

You say "DaDa" now. I always knew you would say it before you said "MaMa". It's ok, though, because when me & your daddy walk into a room, you make sure you get to me just as quickly as you can. That smile on your face shows me you know exactly who your mommy is whether you call me by name yet or not. :)

You don't sit around anymore. Since you can pull up like a pro, you're always on the go. You can go all over the rooms as long as your holding on to something. It won't be long and I feel like you'll let go & you will be on a roll then for sure. Never a dull moment, I'm sure.





You still take your formula, but not as much. Maybe three 6 oz. bottles a day. You're more into your juice & water now.

You eat stage 3 foods now. You love broccoli & carrots with cheese, turkey & mixed vegetables, and lasagna & cheese sauce. You eat a lot of soft table foods, as well. We give you whatever meat we're eating in your fresh food mesh feeder. You love to eat!

You're still a wonderful sleeper. You wake up once during the night, but as soon as you know someone is nearby, you must feel safe because you drift right on back to sleep. You still only nap in your own room. We have your pack & play set up in our room, and you can stay there just as long as you want to.

You love going to daycare. You don't cry when we drop you off. You're eager to go play with your little friends. I think your best little friend is Jacob. He is who you always crawl to immediately when we put you down.



Your Mammaw has taught you to do "Pattycake". It's so cute! All she has to start doing is singing it and you start clapping your little hands together.

Honestly, I don't know what I'm going to do with you, little man. You're growing up way too fast for Mommy. I've already started getting everything ready for your first birthday party. It just doesn't seem like I should be doing that yet.



You have the sweetest disposition & personality ever. I know all parents would like to think that of their child, but seriously kiddo...you really are extraordinary. Just ask anyone. They all say they've never saw a happier, more content little one. Your teachers at school compliment me every time I go pick you up. They say they don't know exactly what your daddy & I do, but we're doing something right. You are so smart & funny, too.

I could go on & on about you, Jubal. I still can't believe you grew inside me. What did I do to deserve such a wonderful little boy? All I know is I can't thank God enough for giving you to me. You are everything I've dreamed of my entire life.



I hope you continue to grow up knowing how much you were/are wanted and just how much you are loved.

My heart would burst if I loved you any more.





I love you to the moon & back,
Mommy