background

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sweet onions & a wedding...

Well, we had an awesome time this past weekend! Larson & I have lived in our small town for the majority of our lives and attending the Sweet Onion Festival is, I guess, a tradition. I was so excited that Jubal was going to get to ride in the parade for his first time outside of my womb. :)

It didn't work out that way, though. In all the years of the festival, it's never rained. Yeah, well...it did this year. Boo!

We did get to enjoy the festival, though. The rain didn't last too long before the sun began to shine again. The rain actually made it cooler, which made it even more enjoyable. There were a lot of cute, unique arts & crafts. It sure wasn't hard to spend $100 fast.

After we left the festival, we went home & took naps. Jubal was give out, bless him. I woke up wanting to go back to the festival to get a t-shirt I had talked myself out of earlier, so Larson & I went back for awhile while his mama sat with Jubal. There weren't nearly as many people out there, so it was nice to get to stroll around for a little while.

Sunday was an even bigger day for us. It was Jubal's first big car trip. We were a little nervous about him having to be in his carseat for 8 hours (round-trip). I shouldn't have been worried that my boy could handle it. He was a champ! He never even got whiney. Such a good boy. REALLY!

My friend, Heather had the most beautiful wedding! It was at the Atlanta Botanical Garden right in the middle of downtown Atlanta.



Larson & I both agree that being in the big city for a visit is fun. However, there is is absolutely nothing like living in a small town. Jubal gets to grow up on an old dirt road. :)

Let me just post some pictures of her wedding. They speak for themselves. It was gorgeous!






I am so proud of Heather. She was my roommate for awhile while Larson was away. We had so much fun together. I'm a lot older than  Heather, so she kind of thinks of me not only as her friend, but like a second mama, too.

She ended up with a wonderful guy. Robbie is an achiever. He has ambition. Heather needed someone like him in her life to motivate her to be more than who she was. Someone to bring out the best in her. He is the one.













Don't they make such a lovely couple? She looked amazing. The dress was so fitting for her.

Their reception was beautiful, too. It was held in the garden at Mershon Hall. While the guests waited for the bride & groom, we all enjoyed delicious hor d'oerves and drinks. 




 














The food, the conversations, just the celebration in itself was so much fun.
Heather & Robbie looked so good walking in as husband and wife. I really am so happy for them!








It was such a joy to be able to share this day with her. I wish her & Robbie nothing but happiness. Now they need to start working on some babies. :)









God bless them!!!


Now...
I want to go back and add some pics of my sweet fellas & myself from our day at the wedding. I enjoy being with my little family so much!

My handsome guys.

Jubal liked that frog. Ha!

Bless him! The garden was so hard on his allergies.

My sweet baby boy.

Loved the smell of the honeysuckles.

Mommy loves Jubal!

Pattycake!

Larson let Jubal taste a lime...

...getting a little of the juice out of it...

Oh. My. Gosh. What is that?!? Yucky!!!

Ha! Well, at least Jubal's eyes were open.

Now, ours were open & Jubal's were closed!
It's so hard to get a good family picture. :)


I'm really looking forward to this next weekend coming up, too. My niece, Lyndsay is graduating. I swear I don't know how she grew up so fast. I'm excited for her, though, as she starts a brand new chapter in her life. I just wish her daddy was here to be a part of it all.:(

In a way, he is, I guess...
Photobucket