background

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

NYE~2014

Our New Year's Eve was a very quiet one this year. I am thankful, too. Used to, you couldn't keep me from going out to a party or to hang with friends. I even went to Central Market in Savannah one year for NYE. I loved the balloon drop, but hated the elbow-to-elbow people, and pushing & shoving all night to get from point A to point B.

All that being said, I would much rather be at home with Larson and our boys than anywhere else on NYE.  Our neighbor, Raymond, came over and he & Larson built a fire in our barrel while the boys and their friend played outside for awhile.  It was very cool out, so we didn't stay out long.  I made some sandwiches and chips & dip, and we drank some Welch's Sparkling Grape Juice.  The boys loved it, and I let them drink out of wine glasses and make toasts to the new year.

It was precious.



Gentry was asleep by 8:45, Jubal by 9:30, Larson by 10, and I was down for the count myself by 11.  I would love to stay up to see the ball drop, but I must be getting old because I just can't make it.

New Year's Day was a day of tradition.  I country fried some pork chops, made some collard greens, black-eyed peas, rice, and cornbread.  We feasted and then took naps.  Just us.  It was just what I needed for the start of the new year.  My little family, together, safe, and blessed.



Photobucket