background

Thursday, June 23, 2016

VBS At Birdford

The boys have been having a good summer. Even though they still attend daycare so we can work, there is no "school". It's hard to believe Gentry will start K-4 this year, but in the meantime, they have been going to daycare and Vacation Bible School.

By the time they are finished, they will have had 3 straight weeks of VBS.  Makes for a long day for them both, but they enjoy it so I let them go.  This week they are having fun at FBC, but last week they attended Birdford.  The theme was "Ocean Commotion".

Friends of mine sent me pictures throughout the week of each of my boys doing different activities.  Jubal really felt like a big boy by getting to hold the Bible during pledges.

Gentry's K-4 class


Arts & crafts


My big boy


The whole group


They had their little graduation ceremony on Sunday night.  I took my camera so I could take a few pictures myself. It was short & sweet, and we had refreshments afterwards.

As they were walking in at the beginning of the ceremony.

Jubal got to hold the Bible for the graduation, too. :)


Gentry's class put on their own little show before all the bigger kids got up to do theirs.
Of course he was out little comedian, making the entire congregation laugh.

Getting ready to do their songs.

I love that smile.

I promise he's not sad.
It's just the timing of my shot.

Finishing up.

They had all kinds of goodies that came home with them so we could see everything they learned and worked on all week at Birdford.  I can't wait to see everything they do this week at FBC.  This is their favorite VBS.  Jubal looked forward to going back to FBC all year, and they both are excited to go back each night.

I'll post about their adventures at FBC next week since their graduation ceremony isn't until tomorrow night.




Photobucket