background

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Jubal's Birth Day

There is nothing I love more than talking about Jubal! So, what I'm going to do since I just began this blog is go all the way back to when he was born and start posting about everything up til now.  I love being able to brag about my heart & soul!!!


So...here is where it all began.


July 12, 2010~The day my life REALLY began!

Getting prepped for the C-section


My big ol' belly! My baby grew there...*tear*...


Larson waiting to be called into the OR


Our 8 lb. 19.5 in. boy, born at 11:47am


The happy, new family!


I never knew I could love someone so much!


This was a very exciting day! I woke up around 4:30a.m. to get my shower & get dressed.  We left for the hospital at 6:45a.m.   I wasn't nervous or scared, but I was anxious to meet this little person that had been causing all the commotion in my belly for the past 9 1/2 months. 
Let me just tell you what a busy-body this little guy was!  I would tell Larson, and Mama & Daddy that he would move so much and so hard sometimes that he would literally take my breath away.  I don't think they really comprehended what I was saying, though.  
The ultrasound tech would have to be very patient with us because Jubal would constantly be moving while she was trying to get measurements.  In my 24th week, I had to start going to the doctor twice a week for biophysicals because of diabetes.  Jubal would move so much that the nurse would have to come in and put the monitors back on my tummy because he kicked them off.  All the nurses in the doctor's office started calling him "a mover & a shaker" because he was NEVER still.

Well now, this would be the day I got to see the boy that took my breath away before he was ever born!  He came into this world on a sunny Monday morning at 11:47.  He weighed 8lb. and was 19.5 inches long.  He had a head full of dark blond hair, beautiful skin, and all of his fingers & toes.  We were truly blessed with a healthy baby boy.  God has been so good to us!  As for all the moving he did in my tummy...he hasn't slowed down since birth, either!  Jubal's eyes are always wide open & he is constantly in motion.  His hands & feet are never still except when he sleeps, and he is very curious & observant.  I could go on & on about him and how alert he is all the time, but let me get back to my story... 

When I finally got to my room & got to really hold that precious boy in my arms...well, he took the breath right out of my chest again!!!  What an amazing day!!! I waited a long time for that moment.  Of course we spent the whole day showing him off, but that evening when we had him all to ourselves was the best.  It had been just Larson & I for so long and now we had this blessing of a union right here in the palm of our hands!  I still can't believe God blessed me with this perfect, healthy baby boy.  I can't thank Him enough for trusting me with one of His children. 
Photobucket