background

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

One year ago today...

...a sweet little baby boy changed my life forever!


"Happy FIRST Birthday to you, my precious son."
You are everything I've ever dreamed of.
You are exactly what I wanted all my life.
You have made me whole.

You can look at me in such a way. It makes me fall in love with you over & over. So sweet. So innocent.
This time last year was such a happy time in my life.
I didn't know what to expect when I went into those hospital doors that morning, but I know I was at peace.
I knew I would soon hold my greatest blessing from God EVER.

You have made this year so special by just being here with us. Life before you seems to have never been. What did we do without you?


We had your first birthday party on Saturday.
I hope if you could talk you would tell me you had an awesome time.





Your cousin, Lacy, made your cake. She did such an awesome job! I showed her a picture, told her what I wanted & she took it from there. It was actually the inspiration for everything else. 

The cupcake toppers and favor tags came from Just The Cute Stuff. I really like how they went with your cake.


On the back of your favor tags it also reads "Love, Jubal". I like how she personalized them for you. Sweet.



Your party hat & shirt came from Southern Junebugs. They both will be treasured keepsakes.

Your commemorative plate came from Little Moments Pottery. There was also a special little message on the bottom of your plate that said "May you be jubilant today & always." The woman that made your plate said she just loved your name. :)





These are some things I wanted to make your day just a little more special & also have to keep for memories later.

Now, on to the rest of your party!

We had a backyard barbeque. Boy, was it hot! It was fun, though. We had hamburgers & hotdogs, chips & dip, and lots of cake & ice cream.

We let you open some of your presents while Daddy was cooking all the food.







We had so much food! Daddy even threw some sausage on the grill. Yummy!
Then, we let all the little ones play in little pools, with a beach ball sprinkler, and eventually just a plain ol' water hose.
So much fun!











After you & all of your friends were played out & your cousin, Lyndsay, made it, we moved the party inside and let you "smash" your cake.
You didn't like your party hat at first, but you were okay after a few minutes. 



You did so good...until Daddy smashed your face in it. Never fear. Mommy made sure Daddy got his payback!


Looking at this video & hearing how we all really sound...yeah, we're country! Goodness gracious! Ha!

We put you back in the pool to rinse you off so we could let you open more presents. You got all kinds of goodies.





I will say this. It was a very good day. I didn't think we were going to be able to pull it off, but everything worked out perfectly.

I hope one day when you look back that you will be proud. It wasn't much, but it was all for you.

____________________________________________
Thank you, Jubal, for being such a blessing to your daddy & I.
The angels sang the day you were born.

Happy Birthday, Baby! We love you so much more than you will ever know.

The best day of our lives.




Love,
Mommy & Daddy