background

Friday, July 22, 2011

Great Grandmother


Jubal's last surviving great-grandparent passed away yesterday evening.

Mrs. Vina Lee Morgan Stanfield, Jubal's daddy's paternal grandmother, was a wonderful woman.

She raised six children of her own & helped raise several of her grandchildren.

My husband, Larson, was raised in Mr. J.E. & Mrs. Vina Lee's home.

He has a lot of very fond memories of his childhood with them that he plans to share with Jubal.

That is how we intend to keep our family that has gone on before us alive.

We want Jubal to know them. What kind of people they were. The good things they done.

Larson just lost his Papa, J.E., on June 12th. I posted about that here.

He also lost his maternal grandmother, Ruby Kate, earlier this year on April 26th.

We have lost some important people in our lives in less than a year.

I lost my daddy on September 5, 2010. Jubal was one day away from being 8 weeks old.

It makes me so sad that Jubal will never get to know some of the people that mattered the most in my life & Larson's life.

One day I'm going to sit down and write a post about my brother, Bobby. He was the most influential person in my life growing up. He was my brother AND my friend. I miss him so much. He died suddenly & very unexpectedly on November 29, 2003. :(



Larson & I both truly believe that Nanny is at home, in Heaven, with Papa now. We're sure she ran through those beautiful pearly gates right into his arms. What a wonderful feeling that must be.

Rest in peace, Nanny. You left behind a lot of people who love you very much.

Sweet dreams forever.
Photobucket