background

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Quilt

My best friend, Darla, gave Jubal the sweetest gift for his birthday.

A beautiful quilt.

Darla picked out all of the fabric.
I contributed 3 of Jubal's favorite onesies, per her request.
One newborn, one 3-6 months, & one 6-9 months.
Her wonderful brother-in-law, John, made the quilt.

How precious is this quilt that will be a keepsake forever and
hopefully be passed down through the generations?!


I was so surprised!
She didn't tell me what she needed the onesies for.
I knew it would be for some type of keepsake, but certainly
never imagined a quilt.

It means so much to me
because I didn't think Jubal would have his own quilt.
My grandmother, "Moner", my daddy's mother, passed away a few
years ago & she was the quilt maker in our family.
She would have made sure Jubal had a special quilt,
but without her here, I just thought that was out of the question.

I'm so happy!
It is such a thoughtful, from the heart gift.
Now I can't wait for the cooler months to arrive
so I can wrap him up in it & snuggle.

It will be like wrapping him up in love, because that's exactly
what this quilt was made out of.

Pure love.
Always & forever.
Photobucket