background

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Odds & Ends

Well, the weekend has come and gone again. It always seems to fly by. It was a good one, though. It's Larson's birthday today, so I tried to celebrate it all weekend long. :)



Saturday evening we got out of the house by visiting a couple of our friends & some family.  We stopped by Chris & Chrisie's for a little while, then went and hung out with our friends, Marty & Wesley. They were having a little get-together with several of our other friends. It was good to get out and see everyone for awhile.



What's funny, though, is that around 9:30, Larson says, "Baby, you ready to go home?" I can remember when we would go out and not get home until at least midnight. Now when we go out, we usually have our little man with us, and even if we don't, we still like to be home by 10ish. We're getting old! :)



Sunday morning we slept in, getting up around 8:30-9. I knew we were planning on going to Walmart for some things, so I let Larson pick which one we went to, considering what kind of food he wanted me to treat him to for a birthday lunch. See, we live in such a small town that we have to travel to another small city just to go to Walmart. Ha!



He decided he wanted some Japanese, so off we went. After getting Jubal's first pair of K Swiss tennis shoes (I love K Swiss! They're so clean & neat. Also, he's outgrowing his little walking shoes.), and going to Walmart for a few things, we went to the restaurant only to find out they're closed on Sundays. So, I looked up another Japanese steakhouse anywhere in the vicinity on my iPhone. Turns out, we ended up in a place I will call heaven.



It's called Golden Hibachi Buffet, and it has all-you-can-eat Japanese, Chinese, and sushi bar. You would wonder how they make any money at $9.99 a person, but if you saw how packed this place stayed the whole time we were there, you can only imagine how much money they make daily. Delicious!!!



Jubal enjoyed some rice & shrimp sauce, some boiled shrimp, and ice cream. He tried a little of everything. I'm pretty sure his favorite was the ice cream, though. He really enjoyed seeing the chef cook the Japanese food.



Larson had to work Monday and it's my day to get to spend with my sweet boy. We played, I did laundry & picked up around the house, we napped, and watched some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He wanted to go outside, but it's been rainy here and the temp was in the 90's, so it was like a sauna outside. I didn't want to take him (or myself, ha!) out in that kind of weather, especially since we've put his pool up for Fall.

I made Larson a wonderful, home-cooked birthday dinner since I knew I wouldn't be able to on Tuesday because we get in so late in the evening from work. He had country-fried pork chops, stewed tomatoes & rice, collard greens, and biscuits. Yeah, that's what's for dinner! :)

You should have seen Jubal eating greens. He loved them! He didn't even want anymore rice & tomatoes or pork chop. We were surprised but happy. I'm glad he likes different foods.

So, now it's Tuesday and officially Larson's birthday. He doesn't know it yet, but I found a cake I really, really liked for him. My awesome niece, Lacy, was able to make it happen for me! He's going to be so surprised. He has no idea I'm even getting him a cake.



How about that for a cake?! Isn't it fabulous?! Lacy did such an excellent job! Larson loves steak, but especially a thick, juicy T-bone. Larson could very well be a connoisseur of steaks, he eats so many. Ha! Really, though, he has great taste when it comes to different types of steak. I just thought this would be a fun cake for him. :)

Well, that about wraps up our weekend. It would be nice to only work two days a week and be off five, with the same pay, but we all know that's not going to happen. We made the best of our little time together, though.

Now, I can't wait to get home this evening and pick up our boy from his new "big boy" class. They moved him up at daycare this week to the older classroom. All last week they were putting him in there in the afternoons to see how he would do and he really seemed to like it. I think the transition is probably going to be harder on me than him anyway. Ha!

We'll celebrate his daddy's birthday & his promotion from the baby room to the toddler's class with some cake & ice cream. Yummy! I'll try to remember to take some pictures. ;)
Photobucket