background

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Playing in Puddles

My child. God bless his little soul. I love him so much!

It came a good rain this past Monday. The ditches on both sides of our old dirt road filled quickly. Jubal loves water. For that, I'm glad. He loves bath time. He loves going to the river. He loves mud puddles & ditches filled with rain water. ;)

As we were coming home from my mama's (she lives around the block), we let Jubal sit up front and look out the window. He saw all of the water and just kept saying "Wa Wa" so excitedly. Larson asked if we should stop in front of our house just to see what he would do and I was completely ok with that. I don't mind letting my baby boy feel the rain on his sweet cheeks or letting him play in mud puddles. Matter-of-fact, I think everyone should dance in the rain and play in mud puddles. It's the little things in life that mean the most and the best things in life really are free.



Yes, that would be my boy knee deep in a ditch. He didn't even mind that it was still misting rain & kind of cool. He ran right over to it and went on in. No inhibitions. None. Maybe his daddy & I should have jumped in, too, but I think it was more fun for Jubal. Before he got out, he was soaked. Diaper & all. Ha!

He was totally mad at us when we made him get out and go inside. He was better, though, when we put him in the tub full of warm water with some of his toys and just let him play for awhile. We also gave him his favorite treat when he got out of the bath, a popsicle. :)





I made baked barbecue chicken for supper that night and instead of the same old french fries or baked potato, I wanted some thing different. I saw a picture of these potatoes on Tara's blog, and although there was no recipe they looked delicious and I could see each individual ingredient, so I decided to try and make some for us. They were as delicious as they look. This pic was actually taken before I popped them back in the oven to melt the cheese.



I don't know how Tara made them, but my recipe is as follows:

5 medium potatoes
Shredded Cheddar Cheese (mild or sharp; your choice)
Sour Cream
Bacon ( I used Oscar Meyer's bacon pieces instead of cooking bacon)
3 or 4 Green Onions

I made it very easy on myself and took several shortcuts. Instead of baking my potatoes, I just washed them very good and sliced them in about 1/2 inch slices. I spread aluminum foil over my baking sheet and sprayed it with non-stick spray before placing the slices (brushed lightly with olive oil) on the sheet and covering them with another piece of aluminum foil. I then baked them at 350° until tender (20-30 minutes). After removing them from the oven, I put a small dollop of sour cream, some shredded cheddar cheese, bacon pieces, and thinly chopped green onions on top and popped them back into the oven (uncovered) until the cheese melted. So good!


Happy March!!!

Photobucket