background

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Easter Festivities

We had a fun Easter weekend. Jubal's began on Friday when he got to go on a field trip with his class at school. They went to the recreation department for an egg hunt, and he had so much fun. Yet again, I was unable to attend due to work, but thankfully I have mom friends who look out for him & me, and always send me pictures. :)


Jubal & his buddy, Garrett


He had some of the moms a little worried by climbing to the top of what we call the "eagle's nest".  I had one mom message me saying that she had told Jubal to be careful, and he just said, "I got this!", and continued to swing down and climb back up again.  Ha!

I assured her that he did, indeed, have this.  That is his favorite thing to do when we go to the park.  Both of my boys are climbers.




**********

Although I filled 64 plastic eggs with candy, we also dyed some real eggs Saturday night for our egg hunt on Sunday.  Gentry was too busy playing with his Legos and watching Bubble Guppies to help, but Jubal & I had a great time.  He is old enough now that all I basically had to do was supervise.  He did most of it all by himself. :)


He wanted to draw smiley faces on all the eggs. :)

Later that night, I prepared their baskets for the Easter Bunny to deliver the next morning.  I don't know how everyone else does the Easter Bunny, but ours knocks on the front door, and the boys try to be quick enough to answer the door that they get to see the bunny before he hops away.  They didn't make it this year, but the bunny left them some goodies on the porch anyway. ;)





The next morning, before the Easter Bunny even brought them these, GiGi & Laney had left them two new Easter basket's on the back of our car since it was late when they came by the night before, and we were already asleep.  Jubal got a TMNT basket, and Gentry got a Spiderman basket.  Both basket were filled with goodies for the boys.  They loved them!

**********

Sunday, Easter, we had our families over for a big lunch, and the egg hunt.  My mama, sister, and niece came, and Larson's mama, sister, brother-in-law, and nephew came.  We enjoyed each other's company, filled our bellies full, and watched as the kids all hunted for the eggs Larson & Scotty hid.  They had so much fun.



I didn't get any pictures, but my sister took a few, thankfully.  She also got a few of Jubal & Alannah when they went to my mama's to get a change of clothes.



All in all it was a pretty good weekend.  We really had a good time Sunday with our family being together at our house.  You can bet by bed time we were all give out.  It sure didn't take us long to get baths and get in bed.

I'm so thankful for this time with all of our family.  I hope my boys have happy memories of these days the same way I remember my childhood fondly.


***Side note:  I tried to video the boys running to the door to see the Easter bunny and get their baskets, but Larson's phone was too full and it cut off without recording/saving any of the video I did get. :(


Photobucket