background

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Zoo Trip ~ 2015


Headed out to the zoo.


Last Sunday, March 29, we finally got to take our trip to the zoo in Jacksonville. Each year that we go, I think this is the best year ever, but this year surely was. The boys are both at an age where everything is amazing to them. Jubal is very familiar with the zoo that we go to, so he knows his way around.

One of the first things they wanted to do was feed the giraffes.  The giraffes are my favorite, too.






Sorry for getting on to Larson for getting in my way. Ha!

There's an elephant we always have to stop and let them play on after the giraffes.  It makes a good photo prop, too.




There's a fountain where we always stop for a rest or bathroom break.  You get to throw pennies in for a wish.  Jubal understood that this year, and he made himself a little wish.  Bet it was big to him, though.



We spent a lot of time just looking at all the different animals.  Jubal asked to take a picture of the flamingos, and he did a good job.




A big hit is always the merry-go-round.  This year Jubal picked eagle, even though it didn't move up & down.






I couldn't get Larson's phone to focus at first. He said a was a bad videographer. Ha!

Next up was the playground.  We spend almost an hour here every time we come. Gentry got to have some fun this time since he is a little older and we don't have to watch him so closely.




The boys wanted individual pictures on the zebra this year, but Jubal wouldn't get out of Gentry's pictures. Then they decided to take some together, too.  I like having them all.








We saw the gorillas next.  I wasn't in last year's picture, so I made sure I asked someone to take one for us this year.





Our last stop is always the alligators.  It's on our way out, and we're all usually tired and ready to go home by then.  The boys still gave me some cute pictures to have, though.



Lastly, I have a story to tell.  We had some pictures made as we were walking in.  I stopped to preview them and ended up buying this cute one of the boys.


I was so excited about how cute their picture turned out, that after I paid for it, I walked away leaving my phone laying on the counter.  I didn't realize it, either, until we go were crossing the GA/FL line.  Larson swore my phone was gone for good, but I called the zoo and luckily they had it at the customer service desk. So, we made the 30 minute drive back to the zoo while the boys slept in the backseat.  I can't believe I left my phone, but I sure am glad we didn't make it all the way back home before I thought about it.  It's much too far to drive back just to get a phone.  I would have had to pay them to mail it to me.  I'm just glad I have it back.

It was a great day! The weather was absolutely gorgeous being sunny and 65. Perfect for walking around without breaking a sweat.  The boys are already asking when we can go back. :)

Here are some posts from our previous trips.

2013  // 2014


Photobucket