background

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A Wedding & The Zoo

We had a fabulous weekend! My Mother's Day was as good as I could have wanted. I had Saturday off, which gave me an extra day to spend with my family, and that's always awesome. :)

One of my BFFs, Amanda, got married Saturday to her knight in shining armor. He is a great guy, and he treats her so good. I couldn't have hand-picked a better man for her. They compliment each other so well.

I was honored she asked me to sing at her wedding.  She picked a beautiful song, too.  The wedding was sweet, and the personal vows made me cry.  We enjoyed the reception at the horse stables, too.  My boys could not have been more thrilled to have lots of other children to play with in such an open venue.


How cool are the cakes?!  He's a Chevy man and it was made to look like the tire was slinging up mud on the wedding cake.  Ha!




Sunday was spent at the Jacksonville Zoo with my sweet little family.  We usually go a lot sooner in the season because it gets so hot, but I couldn't have asked for a better Mother's Day, except maybe that the weather had been a little cooler.

Jubal had been asking to go for the longest time, so it was a pleasure to take him finally.  Gentry is old enough this year that he loved it, too.  We left home early, hoping to beat the heat of the day, and arrived around 9:30.  By 1:00 the boys were both tired, sweaty, and ready to go.  I don't blame them.  So was I. ;)

I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.













I do want to say something about this picture. 
This was right before we got ready to leave and
Gentry didn't want to be anywhere but his daddy's arms. 
He was so sleepy.

Our last stop on the way out was the alligators.  Larson got to ride the carousel with them this year since I got to ride last year.  I didn't get anyone to take any pictures of all of us together like I did last year, either.  I'm sure you wouldn't want to see my sweaty self anyway.  Haha!

Once we got to the car, Gentry fell asleep as soon as Larson buckled him in, and Jubal was asleep as soon as we got on the interstate. I had some worn out little fellas.  We had a fun trip, but it's always nice to go home.






We are actually planning on going back in October and making this a twice-a-year trip since the boys both love it so much now.  It shouldn't be so hot near the end of October, and then next year we won't wait until the middle of May to go.  Maybe early April would be nice.  No matter what, though, this will be great ways to spend time with my boys.  I hope they will have wonderful memories of our zoo trips.



Photobucket