background

Friday, May 2, 2014

School Catch Up

It's been a minute since I updated the boys' school days, so I guess I'll try to get caught up now.

My sweet Gentry was acting a little funny when I picked him up on a Monday afternoon a couple of weeks ago.  He was clingy and whiny, which isn't like him at all.  Later that evening, he pointed to his mouth, stuck out his tongue, and said, "Boo boo."

I took a look at his little tongue and it looked as though he had maybe bitten it at school or something.  He wouldn't eat or drink anything.  That night, bedtime was awful.  He usually drinks a cup of milk before falling asleep and because he wasn't eating or drinking, he couldn't and became very fussy.  I think he finally fell asleep around 10:30, crying himself to sleep.  He woke up crying several times throughout the night, too.  I think we got a total of 3 hours sleep that night.  Maybe.

We took him to school the next day thinking he would be ok, other than being a little tired.  He did pretty good, but was fussy.  He literally fell asleep while sitting in the floor playing.  His teacher sent me a picture of him where he just fell right over into a deep sleep.  Bless it!


She immediately sent me another picture to assure me she had gotten him moved to his little cot.  He was so tired.  I felt so bad for him.


The following day, Wednesday, we ended up taking him to the doctor.  His pediatrician gave him what they call "Magic Mouthwash".  Seems like the bite on his tongue and then him putting his dirty little hands in his mouth caused yucky ulcers in his mouth.  After starting the mouthwash, though, it was gone completely within the next two days.  Yay!


Other than that incident, everything has been pretty uneventful at school.  They both have fun playing and learning new things every day.

Playing with play dough...



This is his "mama" turtle.

His "snapping" turtle.

Making music...


Playing on the playground...



They love getting to see each other at recess.



And playing inside on rainy days...



Jubal & Gentry both love this thing. 
Luckily, they both have birthdays coming up. ;)


Jubal is so excited to be going to the zoo next Sunday. 
His teacher said he sat and played forever with the animals,
telling her about his upcoming trip. :)


That about gets us caught up.  Now, we're just looking forward to next Sunday.  Last year when we went, Gentry was too small to really enjoy it.  I'm hoping he loves it as much as Jubal does this year.  I'm very excited for both of them.  Jubal has been talking about it for weeks now.

I'll let you know how much fun we have when we get back.  Have a good weekend!



Photobucket