background

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend

Although I know exactly what Memorial Day is observed for, we also celebrate the beginning of summer the weekend before that day.

This weekend did not disappoint.  We had such a fun time out at Carter's Bight with our friends, Mike & Heather.  They have a cozy, river front (second) home there, and boats, four wheelers, and golf carts galore.  There was never a dull moment.

We stayed out on the pontoon boat most of each day, and on the sand bar the remainder of the days.  When we did make our way back up to the house, it was to grill some grub after working up an appetite throughout the day.

My boys enjoyed playing with Heather's eight year old daughter, Bekah, and riding the four wheeler and golf cart.  This has been my favorite holiday this year so far.

I'll go ahead and let the pictures do most of the talking. ;)

My people, including Mike in the background & Lisa holding Jubal.

My little river rat.

We love a good boat ride.

The kids loved Mr. Andy.






Sorry I had my finger in the way. Ha!




Swimming off the side of the boat.
No worries, though, because we were docked when I took these photos. Ha!

Life on the sand bar.

Our beautiful Saturday evening sunset.

Those pictures were just from our first day, Saturday.  It was such an amazing day!  The weather could not have been more perfect, even with a tropical storm watch going on.

Right back at it first thing Sunday.

Gentry clearly thinks this is the life. ;)


Such a gorgeous view.

Gentry is under those towels somewhere.
He was tired, wet, & cold even in the hot sun.

Our friends, Heather & Mike.

Ending our weekend out on the deck.

We ended up getting home around nine Sunday night.  The boys were worn out, and this mama & daddy were exhausted.  As relaxing as it was out there, it was nice to get home.

Here's a little video taken by one of the guy's on the sand bar with us with his drone.
Such a fun weekend on the water!


Now it's time to get ready for a fast-paced summer.  My niece, Lyndsay is getting married Saturday, Gentry's birthday party is Sunday, then the following weekend is our family reunion, and the list just keeps growing.  The boys also enjoy VBS throughout the summer, and that is about to start as well.

I just pray that the Lord gives me the energy to keep up.  Let's do this!

Welcome, Summer!!!




Photobucket