background

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Nine Month Check-up

On Monday, April 18, we went for Jubal's 9 month check-up. He has dropped some weight, but his pediatrician wasn't concerned. He just said that since Jubal was very active, he would lose a little. Everything else was good. His doctor did prescribe him Claritin because this pollen is not cutting my sweet baby boy ANY slack. Bless him!



 His new stats are:

Weight: 18 lbs. 13 ozs. - 25th percentile
Height: 28 inches - 50th percentile
Head Circumference: 17 1/2 inches

He's so sweet!

We had a scare last night. The daycare he attends called me yesterday to come pick him up because he was running a temperature. I went and picked him up, gave him a dose of Tylenol, and took him to my mama's house so I could return to work since he seemed to be feeling better and I knew my mama & Granny Pauline would take just as good of care of him as I could anyway.

When we returned home from work at 6p, Granny Pauline had given him another dose of Tylenol, but my boy was still running a temp of 103.6. So, I gave him a dose of Ibuprofen and Larson & I decided that if his fever didn't break by 9p, we were going to the ER.

When we got him home, he ate very well. He hadn't eaten much all day, so he had worked up an appetite. His fever did eventually break at about 8:45 and he started acting like his little happy self again. We didn't get ready for bed until after 10, and I gave him one more dose at 11 even though his fever had not returned and we all went to sleep.

Well now....

He & I slept in the recliner just because I wanted to be right there with him through the night. I'm glad I did, too.

At 2:45a, my sweet boy started shaking fiercely! He was having trouble breathing and would NOT let me pull him away from my body without crying, which made breathing even more difficult. I woke Larson and told him we needed to get to the ER quickly. We didn't even put on regular clothes, just went out the door in our pj's & flipflops.

We hopped in the car, Larson in the back with Jubal, me driving. I turn the key to start the car. Nothing!

My car would not start. The only sound it would make was the clicking of the battery letting me know it was dead. I have a new (not brand new, but new) car, too. This is not supposed to be happening. When I need it to crank the most, it's doesn't. Can you say "Arrrghhhhh!"?

Larson ran to my mama's house, which is only about 100 yards from our house to get her car. In the meantime, Jubal is still shaking furiously and still having trouble breathing. Yeah, I wasn't going to wait any longer. I called 911.

The EMT's arrived and assessed Jubal. His oxygen levels were good, but his temp had spiked quickly to 105.3 which caused him to seize. They said the seizure is what caused him to stop breathing for the few seconds that seemed like an eternity to me. They asked if I wanted them to transport him to the hospital, but I told them if they thought it was safe, I'd rather drive him there myself.

We arrived at the hospital around 4a. They did a chest X-ray and drew my little guy's blood. His lungs were clear (thank GOD) and his blood showed no bacterial infections. Once again, Jubal has an upper respiratory infection. He JUST got over one! What the heck, man?

Seems my little boy inherited my allergies. Doctor said to push fluids & fight the fever with Tylenol/Motrin. Ugh! I just want him well.

We got back home at 6:45a & decided that it would be easier for Larson to stay home, so I laid down for an hour before getting ready for work.

When I was leaving for work, he didn't have any fever and hasn't ran any throughout the day (per Larson). Maybe he'll continue to feel good. I hope so! I'm ready for my sweet-spirited, smiling, happy baby to shine again. I hate it when he feels bad. I'm just thankful that it wasn't anything worse than what it was and my sweet angel is okay.

Thanks, God!

Photobucket