background

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Whew! What a weekend!

Where do I begin?

OK. Saturday after I got home from work, Jubal seemed to be feeling better. He had not run any fever all afternoon. So, Larson & I decided we might be able to make it to my best friend, Darla's, birthday get-together.

Jubal's granny came to our house to sit with him while we went. We didn't stay a very long time, but we had a great time & it was awesome to get to hang out with all my girlfriends. It's been way too long.

The birthday girl & I


The three of us


Only missing a few...



When we returned home, Jubal & his granny were playing it up in the floor and he was all smiles. I'm so glad Larson's mama was able to come spend time with Jubal.

Sunday morning we got up & I made us some waffles. Yummy! Jubal made it all day Saturday & all night Saturday night without any fever, so when our friends Gene & Connie called to invite us to meet them on St. Simons Island for dinner, we accepted.

We went ahead and got showers and headed down there early so we could do a little shopping before dinner. We decided to take a different route and I'm so glad we did. I got to see my "dream house"!


Isn't it beautiful?


I love this house!


If I ever hit the lottery (yeah, right!) I would have something quite similar to this. I think it is just absolutely beautiful. I can only imagine what it looks like on the inside.

We stopped in at the mall before making it to the island to have dinner. I found me some cute flipflops & Larson got him a new visor and some new t-shirts from American Eagle.

We made our way onto the island and to The Crab Trap. We had good food & conversation while we were there. If you're ever there, try the Cajun grilled shrimp. Awesome!

After our meal, Larson & I decided since the weather was so nice that we would take Jubal to the beach for his first time.







It was a little breezy so we didn't stay long. We took a short stroll and figured we better get him out of the evening air. I wish we could have stayed longer, but it won't be long until we're there more often. I can't wait to set up the umbrella & lather him in sunscreen and enjoy an entire day at the beach!


Now...as for Monday.

We got up Monday morning and Jubal was covered in a rash. Larson decided to call into work because he wanted to go with us to see the pediatrician. He is very protective of Jubal and when he saw the welts all over his little body, well let me just say...this dad was going to be right there when the diagnosis was handed out.



Even when he's feeling bad, he still has a smile for Mommy!


I didn't take pics of the places on the rest of his little body, but it looked like this all over his back & tummy.


You almost can't see the rash for those two little pearly whites!


The doc said it was a rash caused by the viral infection & fever that Jubal had run Friday. They call it Roseola. I had heard of a rash from fever and had mentioned it to Larson on the way there, but he wasn't hearing that. I think he thought something was severely wrong with Jubal and he was scared.

We were given instructions to give him 1/2 teaspoon of Benadryl every six hours for the itching, no creams, and told it should be gone in a few days. I sure hope so, because it is making this little fella miserable. He is so uncomfortable.

We kept him home from daycare today even though the doc said he is not contagious. I just want him to be able to be more comfortable at home while he's all itchy.

So, that's our weekend in a nutshell.

I hope everyone else had a good weekend.

Photobucket