background

Friday, August 10, 2012

Two Months

Gentry Slade,

You are already TWO months old! Happy two months, my sweet littlest angel. I love you so much!



 

You have been such a blessed addition to our family.  You are so good.  You eat well, you sleep well, you're very laid-back.  You're not fussy at all.  You have the sweetest disposition and I can already tell you're going to be full of personality.  I'm so proud of you!




All about you:

You take 4-5 4 oz. bottles of formula each day and 1 bottle during the night that you usually just take half of.  I also give you 3 oz. of water with a little Karo syrup in it each day just to keep you regular.  We had a little spell where you would go up to two days without a BM, so that's when I started giving you some water.  It works for you.
You go to sleep for the night usually around 8:30-9 P.M..  You only wake up once during the night, but never crying.  I can just hear you rustling around in your bed and making noises, so I get up with you for 15-30 minutes, give you some formula and then you go right back to sleep for the rest of the night.  You've done this since birth.  Awesome, I tell ya!  We now wake you up around 6:45-7 to get you & your brother ready for daycare.
Your milk bump issue has cleared up.  We still put a little Vaseline on your face after your bath to keep your skin healthy.  We probably don't have to anymore, we just do.
You just moved up to size 2 diapers.  You never wore a newborn size.  You wore a size 1 when you were born.
You wear 0-3 months for now, but it won't be too much longer before we have to put you in size 3 months.  You're getting so big.  We'll find out next Monday at your 2 month well-check how much you weigh & how tall you are now.  You also have to get your first shots. Blah!
You have started enjoying bath time.  You never didn't like it, it's just at first we weren't sure if you were going to like it as much as Jubal, but I think we have 2 water babies on our hands now.
You love to be talked to and try your hardest to talk back.  You make the sweetest little sounds.
You smile all the time.  It's such a beautiful smile.  I always hope you're happy, sweet boy.




These are a few of the happenings going on with you right now.  I know you will grow quickly and I want to remember these things.  It won't be long and you'll be running along beside your big brother.  I'm going to miss my babies being babies and you are the last baby I will have.  I relish the moments I get to have with you, my sweet, sweet Gentry Slade.  I hope you always know that you are very important to our family & we love you so much.  I never thought my heart could feel so much more love as it does for you.   You are so loved, little man. So loved!


Love you forever & a day,
Mommy