background

Friday, April 18, 2014

Easter Party Goodies

I think I get more excited about holiday school parties than my boys do at this point. Although when Jubal woke up this morning and saw all of the goodies, he was all, "WOW!!!"

It's so much fun to do these things for my babies. These are things I always dreamed of doing when/if I ever became a mom. I'm so thankful to be able to do them.

First up, the bunny/race car twinkie cakes.


A friend of mine posted this to her Facebook timeline.  I thought the idea was so cute, and had to make them for my boys.  They're so fun.  They're simple to make, too.  I like that the kids have different goodies all wrapped up in one.  Peeps, twinkie cakes, pretzels, and marshmallows.  Just adorable.




Next up were the miniature Reese cup bird nests.


My sister-in-law gave me this idea.  She was making sugar eggs for her grands and this was the treat she was putting inside her eggs.  When I saw them, I knew I had to make some, too.

I think Jubal was more excited about these than the bunny race cars.  Before school, I had to make some extra ones because he and Gentry both had to have some.  There was no negotiating with them about waiting until their party at school, either.  They wanted them right then.  Ha!


This is actually the first year I've gotten to do it for Gentry, too, since he's in a "big boy" room now.  I really enjoy being able to do it for them both.  I hope one day they will remember these little things I did just because I love them so much. :)


Previous Easter treats: 2012 // 2013  

Photobucket