Thursday, July 10, 2014

Vacation 2014: Part I

Well, I guess I better write some type of post since it's been almost a month. Gosh, where has the time gone?! Summer is in full effect and although the days are longer, there are still not enough hours in the day.

We took a vacation last week.  The first one in our entire 14 year relationship we've ever been able to take at the same time, together.  It was great to have some time off of work together.  We really enjoyed getting to be with each other and our boys for nine whole days. :)

The week started off rough with Jubal cutting his foot.  No stitches were needed, but Jubal can be very dramatic about his boo boos.  Ha!  Then we had to make two trips to the doctor.  Once for my mama, then for Jubal.  He ran fever the entire week.  Blood work showed a bacterial infection although we could never pinpoint exactly why.  The doctor did say it had nothing to do with his cut, which healed nicely.

His pediatrician also said to go ahead with our plans for the beach, so we did just that.  Antibiotics, Motrin, and Tylenol can be administered just as easily at a hotel room as it can at home. ;)

After we got to our room earlier in the day, we decided to take advantage of the indoor pool.  It was amazing.  So relaxing!  Perfect for Jubal, since his fever had broken for a little while.  It was room temperature, and the sun wasn't beating down on him.

Later, we went out for some supper and since I love walking on the beach better in the evenings when it's not as hot, we took the boys for an evening stroll.  Jubal had been talking about building sand castles all day, so he & Gentry took their buckets and Larson took some sparklers.  It was a nice evening, with a gorgeous sunset. :)

Mommy & Gentry's toes. :)

When we made it back to the hotel later, Jubal was not happy.  He wanted to be at home at his "white house" (as he called it), and in his bed.  He did not want to stay at the hotel.  Gentry, my laid-back baby, didn't mind a bit.  He got his cup, kicked back in bed with his daddy, and slept like a rock.

Jubal?  He did not.

Poor fella.  He finally slept a little.  It was a very restless sleep, though.  Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep, either.

I think I'll stop here and continue our second day tomorrow.  If I keep going this will be a very long post.  Plus, I need something to post again about anyway. ;)

So, until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...