background

Thursday, July 31, 2014

K-4 Orientation

Well, we made it through orientation last night.  I knew Jubal would be fine.  He's been looking forward to this day for so long.  He's all smiles and loves his new classroom. I know Mrs. Rhonda and Ms. Cory are going to teach him so many wonderful things this year. I also know I'm going to squall like a baby.  I won't let myself do it in front of him because he's so happy & excited, but I know as soon as I walk away it's going to happen.  Heck, I want to cry now just typing about it.


Tomorrow, my firstborn little squishy baby boy will go to "big school".  He's not so little or squishy anymore, nor does he like to be referred to as a baby.  This is the beginning of a new journey for him and I just pray that he loves school and does well throughout his entire academic career.  I will most definitely be there every step of the way because I want to see him succeed.  I want to see both of my boys succeed.  Lord knows what I'm going to do when my baby starts school, too.  I'm glad I still have a few years until then.

I have been so excited for him up until now. Really, it's been just this past week that I have begun to feel any anxiety at all.  However, the closer it has gotten to the big day, the more this mama feels like she's going to break down at any given moment and cry her eyes out.  Even when I start talking about it, my voice gets shaky and you can tell there is a huge lump in my throat as I fight back the tears.



I'll make it through, though.  I'm not the first mama that's had to do this and I won't be last. 

Good luck on the first day of your new adventure, Jubal Talon!!!  Mama loves you! 

 
Photobucket