background

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Vacation 2016

My vacation officially began July 2 after I got off of work.  We loaded up the boys and made the short trip to Warner Robins to pick up Alannah, and bring her back with us for a week.

We decided last minute to spend the night in a hotel. What's a trip without getting to stay in a hotel with an indoor pool?  My boys love staying in a hotel now.  Gentry calls it his "nother home". ;)

Happy to see their Laney.

We got up the next morning, had breakfast, and let the kids swim again before we left to go back home.  On the way home, we stopped at a place called Palm Beach Island.  It's a little place out in the middle of nowhere, but it was so much fun.

I didn't get any pictures because I intentionally left my phone in the car, and I didn't have my "good camera" with me.  It's a nice place to take our boys, though, and we will go back soon.  Jubal loved the 10 ft. high diving board.  He isn't afraid of anything.  Gentry stayed close to me. :)

We ended up getting home that evening around 7:30 or so.  Laney went to Mammaw's, and we went home to our house for showers and some rest.  We were right back at it first thing the next morning for the Fourth of July, though.




We didn't go far from home on the 4th.  We went out to the river and swam all day before going to my mama's that evening to cook out.  It was a nice, laid back kind of day, just like I needed and was hoping for.

After spending time with Mama, I took the kids to see the fireworks in Hagan.  It was a good show.  The boys spent most of the time running around playing with all the other kids, but as long as they were having fun, that's all that mattered to me.  I'll post the few pics I got in another post.




Tuesday, we were back out at the river.  We actually took the grill with us, along with a cooler of snacks & drinks, and spent the day in the water again.

After we were all water logged, I decided to take the kids to see "Finding Dory".  We had so much fun!  We all loved the movie. The popcorn & twizzlers weren't bad, either. ;)

I'm going to end this post here, because I'm going to break our week long vacation down into separate posts.  I just wanted to post these few things here so my other posts wouldn't be so long.


Photobucket