background

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Gwen's Back-To-School Pool Party

First of all, I have to say I am so disappointed in myself for not saving a video or even getting a picture of the very first time my big boy jumped off the diving board without any floaties.  I can't believe I only "Snapchatted" the videos and didn't save them to my camera roll.  Hmmph!!!

Jubal's friend, Gwen, had a back-to-school pool party the Saturday after school began.  My friend, Kristen, Gwen's mom, invited us all to come hang out by the pool, and I must say it was as fun for the adults as it was for the kiddos.  Maybe the never ending strawberry margarita's Kristen kept filling my cup with is why I failed at keeping the video of Jubal's first "floatie-free" jump off the diving board.  No worries...no one was drunk.  All of us parents made sure our babies were safe.



Anyway, Jubal was around several kids his age, all of which were jumping off the diving board and swimming around the deep end playing Marco Polo...with no floaties.  He kept telling me how much he wanted to, too, but that he was afraid.  I continued to reassure him that I knew he could do it, and I would be there if he needed me, until he finally took the plunge.

I don't have that video, but I do have a short one of him practicing with his floaties before actually doing it without them.


So, after only two trips to our friends' pools, Jubal was officially floatie free, and very proud of himself.  I must say I'm pretty proud of my brave boy, too.

More to come.





Photobucket