background

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Off To School They Go

I'm still in a bit of a haze right now.  Both of my boys are in school.  Jubal started his 1st grade year, and Gentry went to his very first day of K-4, which he calls "big school".

I was awake by 5 A.M.  because I was so anxious I couldn't sleep.  The boys got up around 6, and we took the morning slowly, Jubal & Gentry bursting with excitement.


I compromised with Gentry about picking out his own clothes.  I did let him choose which shirt he wanted to wear.  I also gave him the option of flip flops or tennis shoes.  I essentially wanted him to wear flip flops with his outfit, but he chose tennis shoes.  All is well, though.  He felt comfortable & confident, and that's what matters to me.  He was cute, too, ;)


Jubal was handsome, as always, in his back-to-school attire.  He hated the shirt at first because it was new and the collar was still a little stiff, but he wore it anyway, and I never heard any complaints after we arrived at the school and he got to see all of his friends again.


They both said they had wonderful days.  They seem to love their teachers.  It will take some time to get back in a routine. It's all new for Gentry, and even though he still gets a nap at school, he was worn out before we picked him up from GCA.



I expected them to go to bed early, but I was asleep before they were.  Their excitement from the first day of school was still giving them adrenaline to run off of.  I'm glad they both enjoyed their day.

Now, back to getting our routine down.


Photobucket