background

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

My Birthday Weekend

My birthday fell on a Sunday this year, so I actually "celebrated" all weekend, except for work on Saturday.  By "celebrate", I mean took it as easy as possible.  That was my only wish this year was to enjoy my family & relax a little bit.

So after work Saturday, we went over to Shane & Julie's to enjoy their pool for awhile.  They weren't home, but gave us free range of their backyard & pool.  It was so nice to just be with my people, in the cool water, after a long, very hot day.



Since I'm continuing with Jubal's journey to learning to dive and flip off the diving board, you should have seen his eyes light up when he saw a slide.  This was something different for him.  He was excited to try it out.  We tried to convince Gentry to go down, too, and we would catch him, but that boy wasn't even going to entertain the idea of that. Ha!

Here's what Gentry enjoyed doing instead... ;)

Just chillin'.

My cutie.

Jubal was a little nervous the first time down the slide and wanted me in the water at the bottom, just in case, so I obliged. After that, no more fear.  None.  About anything.  



I only had to show him two times how to dive.  After that my advice to him was to just make sure his head went in the water before his belly.  He is such a quick learner.


While continuing to perfect his dive, he accidentally went too far over and ended up flipping under the water.  That's when he wanted to learn to flip.  We started off the side of the pool first.



Then he made his way to the diving board.


Right after the sun started going down, a rain cloud starting rolling in, and you could hear the thunder in the distance.  As bad as I hated for our relaxing, fun evening to come to an end, I knew it was time to go.  Gentry & Larson were ready, but had it been up to me & Jubal, we would have stayed all night, except, well, you know....lightening.  Haha!

It was just the way I wanted to spend Saturday night before my birthday with my boys. :)

*P.S. Nothing special happened on Sunday for my birthday, either.  We went out together as a family for lunch (Hibachi/sushi), and to get groceries at Walmart.  As long as I'm with my boys, though, there's no place I'd rather be.





Photobucket