background

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Laney Lou's Birthday

Alannah's birthday was August 10.  She turned THIRTEEN!  She & my sister live about 1 1/2 hour away, so I planned a surprise for her even though I wouldn't be able to be there.  I wanted her to have the best cake ever.  A girl only turns 13 once, ya know. ;)

My friends in WR pitched in to help me make it happen.  My girl, Tina, from Cake Dreams makes cakes so tasty that people have described them as "crack cake".  Addictive, I hear. Unfortunately for me, I still haven't had the chance to indulge.

Anyway, I got with an old bestie, Bobbi Sue, first to make sure she would be able to pick up & deliver the cake to my sister's house.  She said she definitely could, so I contacted Tina, told her what I needed, and got the ball rolling.  I didn't want my sister having to pick the cake up since I wanted it to be a surprise, even though she was in on the plans, too.

Alannah had requested a red velvet Marilyn Monroe cake, and that is just what she got.  Our birthday gift to her was a cake made especially for her. :)


Bobbi Sue actually delivered the cake on Friday since that's when Laney's party was to be held.  They sent me a few pics of her arriving with the cake.


The look of surprise on her sweet face made it all worth it.


She called me as soon as she received her cake, and I could hear the excitement in her voice.  The boys & I sang her "Happy Birthday" over the phone, and sent her many birthday wishes.  I'm so happy she loved it.  

They said it was the most delicious cake they had ever had.  My sister doesn't even like red velvet cake, but said she absolutely loved this cake.  I'm glad it was so good, just wish I could have been there.  Even so, she had a great birthday, and I'm happy we got to be a part of it even though we couldn't be there physically.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LANEY!!!
We love you!

Aunt Shae, Uncle Larson, Jubal, & Gentry