background

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bringing Gentry Home

I had to stay in the hospital for 5 days due to my blood pressure, hemoglobin levels, and severe draining. I was so glad the day when my doctor came in to see me and told me that I could take my baby home.



I wasn't so happy when they told me they still had not circumcised Gentry.  The circumcision was supposed to have been done on Monday.  It was Wednesday, and the pediatrician that was supposed to do it since my pediatrician was on vacation had not done it because he didn't think we were going home for at least another day.  Ugh!



I may or may not have shown my ugly side just a little.  I told the nursery nurse that some kind of arrangements needed to be made because I wasn't taking my baby home uncircumcised.  They were talking about bringing him back after hours to do it later that day.  Nope!  Then they tried to tell me I would have to bring him back in a few days to have it done.  Nope!  This was their mistake and me, nor my baby was going to be inconvenienced by this.  I told her she needed to get in touch with the doctor and figure something out.  Needless to say, the pediatrician came to the hospital on his lunch break from his regular practice and did my baby's circumcision.  I was satisfied.  We could go home now.



I felt so sorry for him having to be circumcised.  I know it must hurt.  Larson felt even more sorry for him.  Guess he probably understands or "feels his pain" a little more than I can, but as Gentry's mommy, it still hurt me knowing he hurt.  Bless him!  He did wonderfully, though.



I want to add just for my memories that Gentry was born in the same operating room as Jubal, we were also in the same exact room for our stay at the hospital, Room 101, and we got to take him home in the same car seat we took Jubal home in.  We had to take the straps out a notch for Gentry, since he was already almost grown. Ha! :)




When we got back into our small town, we went to pick Jubal up from school so I could spend some much needed time with him and he could get to know his new little brother.  I was so proud when he saw me in the hallway and yelled "Mommy" and came running to me.  It was good for my mommy heart.  He loves Gentry.  He's such an amazing big brother.  I didn't really know what to expect, but it has been such an easy transition.  Thank God!



My mama didn't get to come to the hospital this time like she did with Jubal.  She had a cold and we just thought it would be best if she didn't come.  I know she would have been there if she could have been, though.  We took Gentry to see her that evening and my sister cooked a fabulous meal with steak, baked potato, and salad.  It was so good, especially since I had only had hospital food up until then because they had me on a diabetic diet to get my blood sugar levels right before I left the hospital.

I was so glad to have him home.  It's so much easier to take care of your baby at home where all of your own things are and you just feel more comfortable.  We started us a little routine and it's stuck.  He's done so good.  I'm so proud of my two boys.  I could not ask God for more.  It's perfect, even when it gets a little stressful at times when both boys want all of your attention.  I've got plenty to go around. :)


Photobucket