background

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Jubal is TWO

How in the world could my sweet baby boy be two already???

With a mouth full of gummy Lifesavers. Ha! :)

My precious baby.  I can't believe two whole years have passed since you came into my life.  Finding out I was pregnant with you was one of the most wonderful surprises I've ever gotten in my life.  The moment you were born was when I learned that you can love someone more than yourself.  I would give my life for you, sweet boy.  You are the sweet soul that made me a mommy & you will always have that special place in my heart.

Looking at Daddy

I must say that from 18 months until now has been the most fun with you so far.  You have hit milestone after milestone and learned so much so fast.  You make me laugh every day.  You make my heart swell every day.  You amaze me every day.

Saying "Cheese!"

Some of the things that you do make me wonder how I got blessed with such a smart little boy.  One of our favorite things for you to say is "Have a good day!"   You say "Dood day!" and it sounds so sweet.  You absolutely LOVE your new baby brother and you are so awesome at being a big brother.  You have not shown the slightest hint of jealousy.  You kiss & hug him so gently.  You ask to hold him a lot.  You tell everyone he's "Your Gentry". :)

Okay, Mama. Enough with the pictures. ;)

Your favorite shows are Team Umizoomi and Dora the Explorer.  You love to do the "crazy shake".  You eat anything.  Finger foods and snacks are what you enjoy most.  You will chew your meat up but spit it out after you get the goody out.  You love my lasagna.  You have just started liking "bunnies".  That's what you call a honey bun.  When we weighed you at the ER last Thursday when you had a double ear infection, you weighed 26 lbs.  We'll get all of your stats this coming Monday at your 2 year checkup.  You have 16 teeth!  Your four canines just came in.  I'm proud that you like brushing your teeth, too.  You wear 18-24 month clothes.  Some of your shorts are actually still 12 month.  You wear a size 4 diaper and a size 5 1/2 shoe.

Your teacher sent me this pic of you at school with your fellow classmates singing you "Happy Birthday".  I love your smile. :)

I love to hear you talk.  You have the sweetest voice.  You can say anything now and repeat things you hear all the time.  You speak in 3-4 word sentences.  It's so easy to communicate with you now.  I love to hear you say your ABC's and you count to ten now, too.  Since you were a tiny baby, every time when I would clean your ears I would sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.  You sing it with me now and I love it.  I'll let you hold a safety swab and you will clean your own ears and sing it while you do it, too.  You melt  my heart.  You are obsessed with shoes.  You love flip flops.  You have always loved the water, but you love going to the river even more now.  I need to get some pics of you there.  You love to ride your four wheeler and just be outside in general.  I feel like you're bored when you're stuck inside.  You're such a neat little person.  You put your toys back where they go (usually) when you're done.  You are all boy.

Eating a cupcake at school.

I love to hear you say "Lub you!".  You have gotten to where you know when we're on our dirt road and you start screaming "Whout" which means you want out.  We usually unbuckle your straps and you're so funny when you think you're sneaking out of your seat and you climb up on the console between our seats saying "Hey!" so sweetly.  There's so much I won't to write down so I'll remember everything you do at this age.  Oh, you love to write.  You ask for a pen and paper all the time and it usually keeps you occupied for a good 15 minutes.  I've saved some of your first writings. I'm sentimental, I know.  We have more balls at our house than I care to count, but I don't mind.  You love to play ball. Any kind of ball, too.  I hope you continue to love sports and the outdoors.  Maybe you'll be a very active older child.  We won't mind that at all. :) 

Well, I guess that about covers most of what I wanted to take note of.  I'm sure there's so much more and if I remember more later I'll edit this post. Ha! ;)

I just want you to know how extremely loved you are.  Sometimes (like right now) my heart feels like it is going to burst with love for you.  You are so very special and important and I always want you to feel that & KNOW that without ever being conceited.  My best wishes for you are that you always remain healthy, happy, passionate, compassionate, kind, empathetic, and have integrity.  Your reputation is what people think of you.  You character is who you are.  Please just always be a good, honest person.  That's some of my birthday wishes for you my sweet little man.  Always know your mama & daddy love you with all of our hearts and will go to the end of the world and back to ensure you are raised in a stable & secure environment where hopefully you will grow into the kind of man people will be glad to call their friend.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JUBAL TALON!!!!

You are the greatest blessing from above and I just hope I can be the best mommy ever for you.





Love you forever & a day,

Mama