background

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Just A Couple Of Things...

Gentry turned four months old on the 8th, and I'm here to tell you, it really got me thinking. I just want to hold them forever. Just keep them babies. It's not going to happen, though.  Jubal is already 2 years old.

 It's not something we constantly think of as the days pass and we watch our boys grow, but the cuddling, rocking, singing lullabies & such will all not be necessary one day.  That day will come entirely too soon.  I burst with pride to see the milestones my boys hit.  I see Jubal learning so much & Gentry already getting his teeth.  Yes, I'm proud, but I also know that I'm going to miss holding my babies and smelling them and having them fall asleep in my arms & listening to them breathe.

I look at Gentry and think of how it was just a short time ago that Jubal was that little, that dependent.  Now, the only time Jubal likes for me to hold him is if he's hurt or tired.  Thankfully, I still get to rock him to sleep every night, though.  Every now & then when we're just hanging out watching Dora or Team Umizoomi, he'll come crawl up in my lap.  My heart smiles and I just wrap him in my arms and breathe him in.

I posted this pic to Facebook the other day.  It was right after we got in from work and picked them up from daycare.  Gentry will take a little catnap when we get home.  I usually rock him to sleep and then he'll sleep while I'm cooking supper.  I just stared at him for the longest time and thought I better get a picture because these days are fleeting.  He'll be 2 soon himself.  I really need time to slow down.


I was playing around on PicMonkey the other day and decided to do a little side by side comparison of Jubal & Gentry at the same age.  Everybody says Jubal looks just like Larson (which he does) and Gentry looks like me.  I see a lot of resemblances between them, but they have some differences, too.  You can definitely tell they are brothers, though. :)

Gentry is on the left, Jubal on the right.
Gentry's eyes are also blue but you can't tell in this picture. 
Jubal's eyes are a brighter blue, where Gentry's are a deep blue. 
They both have that gorgeous, sweet smile, though :)

One more thing before I close this post.  We were out & about the other evening and I had to run something to Dr. Strickland, who lives just down the road from us.  He has a beautiful pond in front of his home and as we were leaving I caught a glimpse of this awesome sunset.  I've been told you will never see the same sunset twice.  I had to have a picture. ;)


Now if I could just find a way to keep my boys little........


Photobucket