background

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thirty Eight

Larson turned 38 on September 27th. I can't believe how close we are getting to 40. I still remember when 30 was OLD.

On his birthday, we both had to work.  I wasn't able to bake him the cake he said he wanted - a yellow cake with chocolate icing - for lack of time, so I called my BFF, Darla, that morning and asked her if she would mind making it for me.  Of course she said yes.  That's why I love her.  We always have each other's back.

When we got home that evening, not only did Larson have the cake that Darla made for him, but my mama had also gotten him a birthday cake.  That's my mama!  She always tries to make sure you know you're thought of. :)

Needless to say, we had plenty of cake & ice cream that night.  We sang "Happy Birthday" and Jubal dug right in by grabbing a handful.  No fork, no spoon.  Just hands.  I wish I had taken pictures of the cakes and of Jubal, but I wasn't even thinking about it. :(

Saturday after I got off of work, we rode over to Larson's mama's house to celebrate with them.  We enjoyed hanging out with them, watching football, and laughing.  Just having fun.  His mama made him his favorite, chicken & dumplings and also made stuffed peppers.  It was delicious.

Larson's sister, Heather, holding Gentry.  Jubal telling us all about something.

They had also bought him a cake.  A Georgia Bulldog cake.  We were watching the GA/TN game on T.V. and I sure am glad them dawgs won.  If they hadn't, the cake just wouldn't have been the same or tasted as good, either.  Ha!  Just kidding.  Kinda. ;)


We had a good time and didn't leave until the boys started getting restless.  I knew we needed to get them home & ready for bed.  They actually fell asleep on the way home, so when we got home we just changed pullups & diapers, put on pj's, and skipped baths.  That gave Larson & I a little time together, so we watched a movie and just hung out with each other.  It wasn't long, though, until we were asleep, too.  We must be getting old.

Not a very good pic.  Larson's sister, Felicia, tried taking it with my phone.  Poor Gentry wasn't a happy camper.  Bless it!

It was a good day.  He had a good birthday.  Celebrating on two different occasions & three cakes?  Yeah, it doesn't get much better than that when you get as old as we are...ancient. ;)


Photobucket