background

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

We had a pretty laid back weekend. I'm thankful. After working all week, I would like nothing more than to just hang out at home in my pjs and spend time with my boys.  I don't get a lot of time with them during the week and I miss them.


Sometimes, I'll admit, I get a little jealous of all the stay-at-home mommies out there.  I wish we could afford for me to stay home with my babies.  They flourish, though.  The people that care for them during the day are good to them.  I trust them.  Evidently.  I just wish I had more time with them.  Did I already say how much I miss them?  Well, I do.




Anyway, I got off the subject there.  Just thinking out loud, though.  We did take them to a Fall festival Saturday when I got home from work.  Jubal had a fun time.  Gentry always enjoys looking around, for now.  It won't be long and he'll be running around, too. 

Afterwards, we went over to have dinner and visit with my SIL who had flown in from Mississippi.  Jubal had fun handing out candy with his cousin, Ashton, while Gentry got lots of attention from Lyndsay.




Sunday was a lazy day.  I did manage to get some house cleaning done and washed, folded, and put away all of the clothes.  I usually do these things on Monday when I'm off, but I had a class this Monday so I had to get it done.

Gentry has started pretty much holding his own bottle.  He still has a way to go before he is completely independent, though.  I did get a picture of him holding it for a minute. :)


I caught my big boy in some serious deep thought on the way home from getting groceries Sunday afternoon.  He is growing so quickly.  I wonder what was going on in his little mind?  I hope he was thinking about how much he is loved.


Like I was saying, I had a class this Monday that my boss wanted me to attend for work.  I usually get to spend all day Mondays with my boys - just us because Larson is working - playing outside, holding them tight, watching The Incredibles (Jubal's favorite movie), or running around paying bills.  No matter what we are doing, I am WITH them and there's no place I'd rather be.  I missed getting to spend that time with them this week. 

I look forward to Sundays because that is our family day where we all get to be together, and I look forward to Mondays because that's when I get a whole day to spend some one-on-one time with each of them.  Gosh, I love my babies.  I looked forward to being a mommy for so long and I'm so thankful that the Lord saw fit for me to finally become one.  Sometimes I still wonder what I did to deserve not just one, but TWO amazing little people.

I must be doing something right.  Thank you, God. :)




Photobucket