background

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

92 Days

My sweet Gentry,

You are 4 months old.  What a glorious 92 days it has been!  You, my precious boy, have added so much more love to our family than I could have ever imagined.


You are getting so big.  At your 4 month checkup yesterday you weighed in at 16 lbs. 10.5 ozs. (77th percentile), you were 26 in. long (90th percentile), and your head was 17 1/8 in. round (90th percentile).  You get the big head from your daddy.  Ha!  It's really not that big.  It fits you well. ;)

You also got your shots and did so well with them.  Hardly any tears. Yay!  Makes my heart hurt less when you don't cry much.  I hate it when they hurt my baby. :(





Your big brother, who is two, is 34 in. tall right now.  You are only 8 in. shorter than he is, and you're only 4 months old!  You're going to be my tall boy. 



These pics were after your shots yesterday.


Let me update everything you've been up to this month:
  • You are "talking" up a storm.  Of course it's in the forms of coos & ahhs, but you basically try to have full conversations with us.  So cute!
  • You are wearing your brother's 6-9 month old hand-me downs that he wore in the Spring when he was 6-9 months old.  Ha!  I didn't want to go out and buy all new clothes when the hotter weather is about to be gone.  We have new clothes for Fall & Winter.  Thankfully, I bought you 6-9 month sizes.
  • Your "Aunt" Melissa bought you your first pair of shoes.  Little Buster Browns & they are so cute.  We usually just keep you in socks because, hey...you don't walk yet. ;)
  • You love to swing and often fall asleep while you're swinging.  I watch your little self in your swing and imagine how much I'm going to miss you being this small.  Slow down!
  • You are still taking 4 oz. bottles.  Usually 5 during the day and maybe one during the night, if you wake up.
  • You sleep so good.  Usually you go to sleep for the night around 8:30 and we wake you up in the mornings around 7:15.  Otherwise, you would sleep until 8-8:30.  I'm so proud of both of my boys.  Great sleepers! 
  • You will soon start rice cereal & vegetables.  I can't wait to see which veggies you like best.
  • Your two bottom teeth are already starting to bud.  I was wondering if it was so and your pedi verified it yesterday.  No wonder you're drooling everywhere.  We have to keep bibs on you.
  • You have a "Who hair" just like Jubal had.  It's actually one of your original hairs that you were born with.  It just happens to be 2 in. longer that any of your other hair.  We won't pull it out & we'll save it, too. :)
  • You still sleep with your little hands folded.  It has to be the sweetest thing ever.
  • You're still sporting the little birthmark on your left foot.  It's your signature. ;) 
Well, that's about all I can think of for this month.  I hope you always know how much we love you.  You are such a good baby.  You bring nothing but joy to our lives.  Your big brother loves you so much.  I hope y'all always have a close relationship.



I know one thing.  I am so happy that God decided we needed another little boy.  You are our unexpected blessing from Him & I can't thank Him enough.  I hope that I'm the mama that He wants me to be and that you grow up to be everything He created you for.  You are Mama's baby, little one.  There will never be another.  I love you!

Always & Forever,
Mama