background

Friday, May 8, 2015

Meals With Mom

This past Monday I got to go eat lunch with Jubal at school. While it's okay to have lunch with your children almost anytime, this was special because it was for Mother's Day. It was my first time having lunch with him, and he was so excited to see me there, which made this mama extremely happy. He kept telling all of his friends that I was "his" mama. It made me feel very loved. :)


We had fun talking to his little classmates that sat at the table with us, and Jubal was super stoked to be able to show them pictures of his new water slide that he had told all of them about.


I was so proud of how he followed the lunch room rules and stayed in line.  He picked out his food that he wanted, and punched in his lunch code like a pro on the computer screen.  After we finished eating, he was even a little gentleman and took my plate with his to the wash room.

Jubal & Gwen

When I asked him if he wanted to go home with me, he was so happy.  He turned to his teachers first, though, asking if it was okay for him to leave with me.  Of course they told him yes.  We had such a relaxing afternoon after that.  I asked him what he wanted to do and he wanted to go home and snuggle up to watch a movie.  Best idea ever. :)

I introduced him to Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.  He  loved it.  After the movie was over, he wanted to watch it again, but I suggested we go get Gentry first.  Instead of going back home to watch Narnia again, though, we took off to the park and played the rest of the afternoon until Larson got off of work.

It was such a good day.  I really enjoyed the one on one time I got to spend with Jubal.  My boys need me right now, and I want to be there for them always, but I know a day will come when they won't want me right there with them all the time.  So, for now, I want to spend as much time with them as possible.



Photobucket